Chapter 17

Soul looks down at Maka, "OH my god" He quickly pulls on the straps around her wrist, after a few tries it breaks apart. He runs around to the other side and does the same to her other wrist. 

Soul stops moving and cups the side of maka's face in his hand, "Maka?" 

She doesn't respond.

SOul's heart begins to race, "Maka" He syas a little louder. Still, there is no response. He ignores it and pulls on the straps around er ankles, they come loose and snap.

Soul slides his arm beneath her back, and the other right below her knees. He lifts Maka up into his arms and makes his way towards the door. 

He reaches his arm out towards the door for a second, when suddenly it flies open. He jumps back as a familiar face enters the room.

"Medusa" Soul says with a snarl.

"Why Soul, what a pleasant surprise" She gives him a big smile. "Kill him" Two creatures step out from behind her. THeir cat like eyes stare down at Soul. 

Soul freezes for a moment before running to the other side of the tale. Both creatures step forward. Soul lifts his leg up and kicks the table forward. It swings up and smacks them both in the gut, but neither of them move. 

One of them bends down, picks up the table and brings it into the air. He lets out a scream before driving the table down. Soul turns away just as the table comes down against his back. He  drops Maka's limp body to the ground, before tumbling himself. 

The monsters turn back towards Medusa who lets out a sinful laugh.

Maka's eyelids blink a few times as she scans the floor. Her mind goes blank as she reaches over and writes into the floor with her blood stained fingers.

She writes te one thing she couldn't forget...

The one thing that fought through...

The one thing....that could save them both...

42......42.......564

Her hands...fall.