Chapter 5

Maka's heart beat faster than ever before as she stared into the eyes of her old enemy. "Me- Medusa..." She stuttered in fear.

"It's nice to see you again Maka" Medusa said with a smile. She tilted her head to the side. 

"How are you...how did you..."

"So many questions with answers that you just wouldn't understand my dear friend" All of the men in cloaks took off their hoods. Maka tried to shake out of my shackles as she stared into the empty sockets were the eyeballs should be. It was like they could see straight into her soul...she tugged again, but the cuffs were to tight. All she could do was close her eyes and hope to god that those men were gone. 

"Oh Maka...don't be frightened, these are just gifts...from the Kishin..." Maka's eyes flew open.

"The Kishin...the Kishin is gone..." She muttered.

"No...he's not gone...just missing, he contacts me, and sends me gifts once in a while" She looks at the men. "But he also...discovered something and just had to tell me"

Maka stays quiet for fear of what the discovery was.

".....you" Maka glances back up at Medusa.

"What are you talking about?"

"The Kishin remembers how you...a meister became a weapon right before his eyes. Your soul is different Maka, it's...powerful...very...powerful"

"Then take it! Kill me and take it!" Maka shouts. 

Medusa grins and shakes her head side to side, "That's not how it works sweaty...your soul doesn't separate easily...we've tried" Maka remembers the fight back at the cliff. That demon hit her so hard, she had felt her soul pulse as if it wanted to be released, and leave her. But something...kept it intact. 

"Then why don't you just kill me..."

"Because Maka...that wouldn't be fun"