Chapter 2:

Maka's eyes flutter open. 

The night sky was gone...overcome by a metal ceiling.

A loud, earsplitting beep whistled through her head. She slowly wiggles her wrists. Something hard rubbed against her wrists, making it difficult for her to lift her arms. She moved her bare feet, it was the same problem except it was at the ankles. She slowly turned her head to the side. A large, silver door was bolted into the wall. Her eyes moved up and down, there was no door knob anywhere to be seen on the door. 

She twists her head to glance at the opposite wall. There was no door or window on this side...just a metal wall. Make lifts her head up and looks down at her bare body. Her clothes and shoes were gone, replaced by a strange, shiny, black cloth that went from her neck to her knees before ending abruptly. It felt like silk against her cold skin. 

'Where...am I?' She thinks to herself. Maka tries to recall the last thing she remembers. The image of Soul flying over the edge of the cliff...most likely to his death couldn't escape her mind. Warm tears trickled down her cheeks, and over her dry lips. "Soul" She whimpers. "Soul..."

                                                       Somewhere far away....

"Maka...Maka..." A low whimper echoes across the valley. The large cliffs surrounded this young survivor. His eyes slowly open. Colors start to form into shapes...he blinks a couple times, as if to speed up the vision process. But instead...all he sees are colored shapes...nothing else. As he tries to focus on his vision, his ears are splitting open from this long, earsplitting, squeal. It vibrated against the inside of his bleeding skull.

He started to feel this warm liquid run down his upper back. He slowly lifts up his arm, but it's a fail. A hard pain runs up his arm. He moans, and sets his arm back down onto the rock floor. He hesitantly  lifts his head up and off the ground and looks down at his lower body. A breath escapes his lips as he stares at a small rock sticking out of his upper leg. blood covering the tip completely. He glances away to the side only to see a long open gash on is right arm, breaking layers and layers of skin. He watches as blood still run down out of the wound and onto the rock. 

Again...this young man looks away, and up at the bright sky. The last thing he remembers is falling...the breath escaping his body as he hits the ground. is heart starts to beat faster when he remembers that Maka was up there with him. The boy slowly lifts up his head and sits up off his back. He tries not to move his leg as he lifts himself up. He looks around, trying to see any other form that wasn't Brown, or blue...but there was nothing.

He takes a breath and clears his throat before screaming at the top of his lungs, "Maka!" It echoes off the rock cliffs, the word 'Maka' slowly becoming softer and softer. After a few moments he started to let out multiple painful coughs, he feels a warm liquid run up his throat and escape his lips in the last cough. He looks down. Bright red blood covers his lap. He bites his lip, the taste of blood lingering on his tongue. 

"Where are you Maka?" Soul whimpers under his breath before falling back down, and shutting his eyes.