Chapter 25: Where to Go Next

Start from the beginning

I clearly showed my disgust at the mental image that brought up, but she could not see it, as she stood quite a ways behind me. "Where is that, then?"

"Spyria."

. . . . . . . . . .

It was the next morning, and we were all sitting around the dead campfire as we ate breakfast. It was almost the afternoon as everyone was quite exhausted after yesterday's drama. Yesterday I had seen more action than I had for the majority of my lifetime. This whole trip had contained quite a fair share of action, but yesterday definitely took the cake.

It was eerily silent while everyone ate. We had uttered a few mumbled good mornings to each other as people started to crawl out of their tents. Otherwise, no one had uttered a word. The surrounding forests were also strangely quiet. While sounds of birds and general wildlife still emitted from the forest, they were quiet and usually quite far away.

"What now?" Isabella finally broke the silence.

"What?" I ask, confused about what she meant.

"What are we doing now? Where is our destination?" Corrin clarifies for his sister.

"You don't have to speak for me." She sniped.

"I wasn't." He objects, defensively. "I was just clarifying for Rowena."

"Please don't fight." Kaylie jumps in.

"Yeah, I'm barely awake. Don't." Alicia seconds Kaylie's request.

"We weren't going to." Isabella glares at Kaylie and Alicia. "Stop jumping to conclusion. I don't need that."

"Can we please get back to the point?" Ryan raises his voice a little, to get everyone's attention.

Sure enough, the arguing stops. Then everyone turns and looks at me. I raise my hands defensively.

"Woah. Why is everyone looking at me? What did I do?"

"This is your mission. We just came along to help." Isabella points out. "So we have no idea what to do. As much as I hate the idea, you're the boss here."

"Hey." Lina jumps in. "Did you seriously have to add that little 'as much as I hate the idea' bit?"

"Yes, I did."

"No you didn't" Corrin contradicts his sister. "It was an unnecessary jab and you know it."

"Woah, stop right there before an argument breaks out." Ryan put his hands up.

"You know, I told Rowena most of this information. If anyone knows anything, it's me. I deciphered most of the prophecy." Lina pipes up

"Hey don't look at me," Lucas grumbles. "I know nothing and didn't have anything to do with this. Don't even think about looking to me for any information. I'm staying out of this."

"Oh why aren't you a bundle of joy, Mr. Guard." Alicia sneers sarcastically.

Kaylie lays a hand on her arm. "Don't be mean." She looks between them. "Either of you."

Ryan throws his hands up in exasperation. "This isn't going anywhere."

"She's the one who started it." Corrin points at Isabella.

Ryan gives him a nasty look. "No she asked a question and you interrupted her. You started this all."

Alicia rolls her eyes. "Now look who's arguing."

"Everyone?" Lina snorts.

"Can we stop this?" Kaylie asks quietly, barely audible over all the arguing.