Chapter Nine: Sudden Planning

Most fey would feel shocked that they were just asked to make a plan. Most would feel as if they were put on the spot. But not Lucas. Once again he was unshakable. Or maybe he had already made up a plan. Who knows what goes on inside his head.

Lucas's plans were the following: We take off, and go to the edge of the city and rest in Colt Hotel on the side of the town. We then rest there for the day. Then we would travel to the east of the continent, to Aires, and kingdom of air-fey. After we had gotten the representative from Aires, we'd travel north to the water fey, in the kingdom of Wasser and get their representative. Then, for the final leg of the round trip, we'd go west to Erde, kingdom of the earth-fey, and get the last representative.

The continent that all the elements were on was called Elementum. The elemental continent. The continent of all four of of the elements. It was huge and largely unexplored. And also full of dealy and beautiful plants and creatures.

"What do we do then?" Lina asks, when Lucas had finished.

"We go to the spirit-fey's kingdom." Lucas states simply.

"Where's that?" Lina asks.

"Where the rest of the fey aren't." Lucas explains.

"What?" I suddenly burst out. "What's that supposed to mean."

Lina sighs. "There. He done it again. He's making no sense."

Lucas carries on as if we hadn't said any of that. "Think about it. In the north, there's Wasser, the east Aires, the south Fyria, and the west Erde. All of the cities are around the edges of Elementum. What's in the center?"

Lina shrugs, bored. "Nothing. That's what we'd been taught."

"Not exactly." I say slowly. "The key thing here is this is what they taught us. Our tutors. But all of our tutors forgot to mention that there was a race of spirit-fey in existence. I only learnt that from my parents. Before that, none of us knew anything about these faeries actually existing."

So," Lina says excitedly, catching on. "It means that in the center of all the kingdoms, the spirit-fey's kingdom existed?"

We both look over the Lucas. "That's what I believe." Lucas replies to our unspoken question.

"So the rest of the plan?" I prompt.

Lucas continues. "Once we have all the representatives gathered up, we head to the center of Elementum and try to find out the rest of this puzzle."

Lina practically jumping up and down, it was funny how quickly her emotions changed. "We go to the town center and the broken glass spire!"

"Yes." Lucas agrees. "We try and find the city of the spirit-fey, which probably has the broken glass spire. As none of the kingdoms or cities we know have a broken glass or a broken spire anywhere within their vicinity. As far as I know, most kingdoms try to prevent anything from breaking and like to have a very well kept city. Which indicates that the so-called spirit-kingdom, if there is one at all, should be the one with the broken glass spire, as it is an abandoned city and part of Elementum. Abandoned things tend to not be in perfect condition."

"Okay. Great. Got all that planned out now." I smile. "Thanks Lucas."

He nods his head. "Anytime, Princess." Is his formal response (as per usual).

I shake my head and direct my attention over to Lina. "So, where is all your clothing, food, and weaponry?"

She pats her messenger bag. "In here. I've got EC's."