Chapter 13: When We First Met

Please listen to the song while reading. It sets the mood perfectly. I want there to be a sad undertone and I don't know why. The song "Little Me" fits perfectly too . . .

Btw, I'm just gonna write a few things about Corrin's, Isabella's, and Rowena's history together. I know that there's not much action going on in the book just yet but I promise you it will get better.

I hope you all enjoy a little bit of Rowena's history.

(P.S. This is a extra story line not exactly Rowena's memories. I realize that that she would not remember something from when she was young this perfectly. So please just enjoy as a quick filler. I swear this has nothing to do with the original story line. I just wanted to develop the characters more.)

💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮

A few years ago; Aires

This place is weird. I though to myself. Why isn't it on the ground like normal?

"Come on Rowena." Mama bends down to look me in the eyes. "You were so adamant about going and visiting Aires. I bet that Isabella and Corrin are amazing children. You will have lots of fun playing with them."

I sigh and give in. I curl my hand into mama's and walk with her to the palace doors. Daddy was already there. The doors open up to us and we walk inside. I stare at my surroundings. I was boring. No colour. None of the stone was coloured. It was all grey. I pouted.

"Oh my." A voice breaks the silence. "I was already wondering if I got the time wrong."

I look up and see a pretty lady standing a short distance away and speaking to mama. She seemed nice. I looked her suspiciously up and down, wondering whether or not to trust her.

"Oh don't worry." Mama laughs, while stroking my hair comfortingly. "We were just a little later because we decided to bring our daughter along."

"Oh yes! I almost forget." The lady gasps. "Well where is the little Rowena."

As soon as I hear her say my name I shrink behind mama's legs trying to hide. I don't like talking to strangers. But mama doesn't let me hide and pushes me forward until I'm in front of the pretty lady. She crouches down until she's my height.

"Hello little Rowena." She says in a nice voice. I like her voice; it's pretty. "Do you know who I am?"

I shake my head. "No."

She laughs. "I love how blunt you are. I'm the Queen of Aires, but you can call me Cressida, alright?"

"Cressida." I repeat. "Nice to meet you." I stick out a hand and she takes it.

"Nice to meet you too, little Rowena."

She smiles a nice smile again. Then she lets go of my hand and stands up, dusting her skirt off. The pretty la-Cressida goes off to talk to daddy. I just turn around and hide behind mama's skirts again. I don't like anyone or anything here except Cressida and she's gone now.

"What is she doing here." A clear voice rings out, annoyance seeping through every word.

I turn around to see a pretty boy standing there, his hands on his hips and lips in a pout. Even though he is pretty I don't like him. He is not nice, unlike Cressida. Cressida who just appeared beside me, fuming.

"Corrin." She says sharply. "That is no way to treat guests." She walks forward and grabs his arm. "Be nice and greet her properly." She gives him a shove towards me.