Chapter 14: The First Night Outside

We spent a night in Aires, resting. Well, everyone else was resting. I didn't need to. I was carried all the way here. I guess there are some perks to being wingless.

So it was no surprise that I was up at the crack of dawn (or maybe even before that) and left to stare at the ceiling because I couldn't wake everyone up. Well, by that I mean I really just don't want to wake Lina up. She's incredibly grouchy if you wake her up to early and I know that she considers before the sun has risen to be too early.

Which is why I'm very happy when someone knocks on the door, giving me an excuse to get up. I run over to the door, making sure I look presentable. After all, I am a guest in someone else's home and it would be rude to them and embarrassing for me if something I was wearing was out of place.

I pull the door open and peek around the door. Once I see it's only Isabella, I relax. At least it wasn't Alexandro. That would have been slightly awkward.

"You aren't ready yet?" Her apparent surprise shows through her voice, even though her face is devoid of much emotion.

"Sorry." I reply. "I did not want to wake Carolina up. She would be . . . slightly upset."

Isabella's lips twitch as they catch the huge understatement in my words. She then ushers me on, telling me to get ready. I cross my arms over my chest and and look at her.

"What?" She asks.

I sweep my hand around, gesturing in Lina's general direction. "If you want to wake her up, be my guest. But I am really not in the mood to get slapped."

Isabella just raises one eyebrow. But soon she takes my offer and steps into the room. She looks around in interest, as if she hasn't been here in a while. I can understand what she is feeling because I know that I haven't explored all the rooms in my palace . . . at least not recently anyway.

. . . . . . . . . .

I was still grinning like an idiot when we met the boys downstairs. It was just too funny when Isabella had tried to wake Lina up and promptly got shoved around.

Isabella soon got frustrated and resorted to the old trick. She left the room for a quick moment and soon returned with a bucket of what I can only assume was freeing cold water which she promptly dumped over Lina's head.

All I can say about what ensued was that Lina really does not like having cold water wake her up early in the morning.

"What is so funny?" Corrin asks after seeing my face.

"Oh nothing." I brush it off casually all the while feeling Lina stare daggers into my back.

"Nevermind." Corrin sighs. "I am not sure if I really want to know why you are about to laugh, my sister looks smug, and Carolina looks as if she's about to murder someone."

"No you so not." I agree.

"Princess, are you ready to leave?" Lucas asks me.

"No." Lina cuts in for me. "Breakfast."

"She has a point." I agree. "We should eat first."

"Well hurry up." Corrin sighs. "Lucas and I have already eaten."

. . . . . . . . . .

In the end we managed to get ready quite fast. Even if it was only because of Lucas and Corrin hurrying us on. I swear Lina was just dragging her feet to get back at us all for waking her up early.