Chapter Three: Handwritten Stories

Here is what I read:

This poem you shall read,

If it is what you need,

Then it's binding shall be freed,

Its help shall be a lead.

If what's hidden cannot be found,

Has disappeared without a sound,

And no one bothers to look around,

There shall be a scar on the ground.

Sometimes you're hidden while you seek,

Those locked up secrets sometimes leak,

Tales told by bones which always creak,

Truth found out by the unlikely freak.

Assumptions are often made,

But guilt shall never fade,

To endless seep, we are laid,

This unjust shall be repaid.

This is our march and our song,

Find the truth for it is wrong,

Support is given so stay strong,

Your path ahead is very long,

This is my last work any will read,

But it gives information you will need,

To help us finally be freed,

If you are grounded, you are to lead.

~A. Moreno

Well that's strange. I think. I know it's a message, it's quite clearly written, by whoever A. Moreno is. I'm guessing that it's Anina. But I know I'm not going to get anywhere until I find one of my closest friends, Carolina Lesley. Lina can figure out any riddle and has been doing so ever since I've known her. But I still don't want to find her just yet, so I settle down to read the next page.

On it there is more text. Another poem, but in a slightly different style

It reads:

Watch out for the invisible beings, very soon they shall cast their net,

To ensure they ensnare and catch, all those beings that they can get.

You should beware of the horrors, that you all trust so much,

So quietly to their element, they shall all desperately clutch.

For now just look all around, well you should watch your back,

They see all your defenses, and even those you may lack.

Now they control all of the elements, all those children and friends you hold dear,

Revenge is soon to be taken, the controlling watcher is near.

The water is soothing and calm, the earth is always steady,

The fire burns so strong, the wind is always ready.

All these things you know, will soon be gone and lost,

Take action slow and sure, or many shall pay the cost.

If all things go wrong, one shall make it right.

But they are tied down, unable to take flight.

To go on the journey, take earth wind and fire,

And find the town center, the broken glass spire.

~Phora

Phora, I've heard that name somewhere before. I think. I get more and more confused. Turning the page over, I notice there is nothing else to read. Nothing that explains what this all is. There's not much writing in this book. Even though the quickly scrawled notes take up quite a chunk of the book, this book wasn't thick to begin with. It was much more like a notebook. A notebook! That may well be what it is.

I leap up from my spot on the floor, and run out of the room, forgetting all about what drove me in here in the first place. I have to go find Carolina, she'll know what to do.

Suddenly a voice stops me. "Where do you think you're going?"

I slowly turn around to sheepishly face my guard. "I have to go find Carolina." I tell him.

"Oh?" He asks. "And why would you need to do that right now and I such a rush?"

My guard is named Lucas, Lucas Dalton. He was taken in my Lina's family when he was young, after his town got hit by the plague. It was an unfortunate event, that left many orphaned. But compared to faerie history, it's nothing. It just hit one village. But it still wasn't nice to have that happen. Luckily, Lucas was too young to remember much and has fully integrated into Lina's family, the Lesley's. Sadly, there's still the matter of social standing as the Lesley's are a quite high ranked family. In fact, her father's the Lord.

But Lucas came from a farmers family, so he couldn't take that rank. So in the end, they gave him a high position. A guard. A personal guard. For royalty. For me. I was stuck with him. I glared at him. He had the strangest combination of hair and eyes. His hair was charcoal black, but his eyes were an amber-gold colour.

I clutch the book to my chest. "I have to ask her something." He always got on my nerves. " You're my guard, stop prying!"

I he takes a step back, his head down. "Sorry."

I feel sort of bad that I snapped at him, but I was in a bad mood from the events of the day. "No, I'm sorry."

"It's OK." He smiles at me. "You're right, it's not my place."

I start of to find my best friend, who could be hiding literally anywhere in the palace, just to get away from duties as the future Lady Lesley. I didn't know how she's going to handle her position when she has to take over. She loves her home, but hates the formalities that go with it.