C H A P T E R 26

Harry stood up from his swivel chair, he clutched the mobile phone in his hands tightly, he don't know why on earth would Hermione called him and ask him to save her life? Where is she by now? It's just a couple of hours when she left his flat and now she's already in danger.

He looked around his office, there were loads of paperworks that's waiting to be done before the night but that's not his concern at the moment. Harry grabbed his jacket and put it on, before he could walk toward his door, it already swung open, revealing Neville who also looked alarm.

"Ron left me these tasks! While that moron is enjoying his honeymoon!" He grunted before slamming the books above Harry's table. "And where do you think you're going?" He turned to his best friend with his eyebrows raised.

"It's urgent, please cover for me. I'll come back before three." Harry didn't wait for his response as he marched out of the room.

"Urgh! Why is it always me?" Neville sighed before slumping at the chair and began working with his best friends paperworks.

He was walking past the work place of the Aurors, thankful that no one dares to intervene his rush. He rode the elevator down the lobby but before he could step outside, he was greeted by a cold grey eyes looking straight at his face. He stepped out of the box and fixed the button of his sleeve.

"What's with the rush, Potter?" Draco asked, he's wearing a white coat that healers usually wore. His gaze fell on the envelope in his hand.

"What are you doing here, Malfoy?" He ignored his question, Harry knew that something was happening.

"None of your business, I guess." He replied coldly.

"Alright. I'll just go then." He turned to walk past him but soon stopped when the blond wizard spoke.

"I'm just wondering... If.." Draco gazed at his emerald eyes, he noticed how Harry avoided an eye contact. "If you can join me for a cup of coffee?"

Harry snorted, his heart almost stopped because he was thinking that Malfoy might know that Hermione called him, and ask him to save her life, specifically. "Oh I would love to, but... I-I have an urgent call.. Work." He said.

"Er.. Alri--"

"Harry!!" The two boys turned to look at Kingsley, Harry cursed more than twice silently. "You did a great job last week my dear boy! I've been in your office, poor Longbottom, he had fallen asleep in your desk!" Kingsley chuckled and patted Harry by the shoulder.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry about that sir, I'm just off.. Er.. Emergency." He was reluctant to look at Malfoy and his heart began to pound faster now. The longer he stay there, the more he gets worried about Hermione.

"Oh rubbish! You should've not go here today in the first place. I sent you a letter from my owl, didn't you get it? It's a Hawaii vacation for you and Mr. Longbottom! It was supposedly for Mr. Weasley and his wife, you know, as a gift. But he refused, he told me to give it to you instead." Kingsley said and finally noticed Draco's presence.

"Oh hello there, Mr. Malfoy!" Draco just acknowledge him but didn't speak. "I'll go now, enjoy your whole week vacation Mr. Potter." Kingsley grinned at him before walking away.

"Still busy?" Draco smirked, he simply slipped the envelope inside his coat.

"Er.. I really have to go--"

"Where?"

"I hardly think it's your concern Malfoy." Harry's patience gone shorter and shorter every time, he's eager to find Hermione now. But where is she? Why did Malfoy never mentioned her? He did not even asked him knowing that he's the last person she probably spend the night with.