C H A P T E R 16

A/n: This had a sexual content so feel free to skip that part if you consider yourself innocent, and I'm not good at writing BS either (Well, I'm not good at writing in general😂) .

Draco was sitting by the stone near the black lake, he's watching the sun sets as the sky slowly turned orange. He smiled bitterly while playing Hermiones' wand on his fingers. He don't know where she is but he knew who's with her. Harry Potter, the boy who defeated the dark lord and the same person who save his life from mortal peril.

Draco gulped despite of his burning throat, he don't want to think anything against the two since he knew them as best friends for a very long time.. But his heart was saying otherwise, he witnessed the way Harry looked at Hermione. The envy that's burning in those green eyes, he knew of course.. He'd been there.

He traced his fingers through the carvings of Hermiones' wand, he could picture the old times where Hermione tried to hex him but instead she punched him on the nose. Draco chuckled as he continue to reminisce their mutual hatred to each other, the insults they used to throw to one another and those time where his only problem was how to be greater than Potter.

He sat there until the sun completely hidden behind the mountain range and the sky was slowly turning grey.. He sighed deeply hoping that Hermione will come and they will walk together inside the castle.

"Malfoy." He smiled to himself as he felt someone standing by his side, he's looking at his feet for a second before lifting his head to find Ginny Weasley standing beside him.

Draco felt disappointed than ever but he still give her a tiny smile. "Blaise and Theodore were looking for you." She said.

"I'll be there in a minute." He replied.

Ginny didn't nod nor walk away, she sat at the nearby rock and turned her gaze on the luminous lake. "You're waiting for her, aren't you?" She asked solemnly.

"Hermione? Indeed.. Yeah." Draco felt the usual pinching sensation in his heart.

"You knew who's with her.. Am I right?" She asked still looking at the black water.

"Potter.." He nearly choked with the word as the pain hit his inside instantly.

"Then you must know that she won't show up tonight.. Let us go inside, the dinner is about to begin." Ginny finally looked at the wizard who's face was pale as the bright moon, his silver eyes were illuminated by the flash of light coming from the turrets' windows.

"...I... I will wait for her.." He managed to say as he tightened his grip on Hermione's wand.

"You sure?"  Ginny asked in a worried kind of tone.

"Positive." Draco looked at her and a small smile form across his lips assuring her that he's completely fine.

"Alright.." Ginny stood up and turned to her heels and slowly marched back to the castle.

Draco closed his eyes tightly.. He's still wishing that she will be here at any moment and will lead the way back inside. If not... Then maybe that's the sign that he must loosen his grip now, maybe he should give her time to decide whether it's him.. Or.. His long time rival. The deafening silence was making him felt worst than ever, he don't know how to pursue if Hermione ever leave him completely.