C H A P T E R 22

It's a busy day in the ministry, everyone was burying themselves in a pile of paperworks and task that needs to be done before the weekend. Harry removed his glasses and wiped clean the moist that formed from it. He sighed before putting it on and opening a new arrive envelope.

"Fin the house elf was mistreated by my neighbor wizarding family...", Harry frowned as soon as he saw the partial content of the concerned letter. He finished reading it and surely he knew that this wasn't for him to do.

"Coleen?", he tried to call his assistant but soon remembered he sent her to deliver the list of traced Dark Spell inventors to the Aurors in charged for arresting.

The letter was probably landed in a wrong place, it supposedly delivered to the beast division of RCMC. He shut his eyes for a while and slid his feet in his shoes. He took a deep breathe before pocketing the letter and striding out of his office.

Neither one of the Aurors threw a single glance to him, they're all busy with each works. He didn't even saw Neville or Ron since the day they departed from Grimmauld Place, maybe they're too preoccupied especially Ron who has a coming wedding, Harry pulled those thoughts at the back of his head and continued walking toward Hermione's office.

He knocked three times on the wooden door. "Come in!", said a voice from the inside.

Harry twisted the knob, opening it just enough for his body to slip inside. He then closed the door as his gaze fell on the witch who's busy scribbling on a piece of parchment.

"Have a seat." She gestured to the chair in front of her table without glancing at the visitor.

Harry cleared his throat and get the letter from his pocket. "A.. A letter came to my office, I guess it meant to deliver here." He said casually.

Hermione came into a halt, Harry noticed how her hand suddenly stopped moving making the ink dripped on the paper, ruining the last word she wrote. She lifted her head to meet his gaze, sweats were formed at the tip of her nose and forehead, her cheeks were pink and eyes looks extremely tired.

She stared at his eyes again, Harry felt uncomfortable at how she looked at him. She's always doing it, like she's reading something behind his eyes, Harry pretended to clear his throat again just to distract her.

"Ah.. I'm sorry, what is it again?", Hermione looked perplexed, she crumpled the ruined letter and tossed it at the nearby trash bin.

"This letter, it's for your department." He put the envelope on her table, she immediately grabbed it and read the content. Harry could tell that she's tensed because of his presence, he couldn't blame her anyway, it's the first time they actually talked after the elevator incident.

"Ah, yes, they're being careless, I received a box of wires, electric plugs and batteries a while ago.", Hermione faked a laugh, he raised his eyebrow throwing her a puzzled look. "S-so? Uhm, thanks for handing it to me.."

Harry didn't speak, he's just looking at her face making her felt anxious even more. "Aren't you supposed to go back in your workplace Mr. Potter?"

Harry cleared his throat for the nth times before speaking. "I.. I just want to... Er... Apologize."

Hermione who's obviously avoiding this topic, bowed her head before looking at him again. "Sorry? But what're you apologizing for?".

"You know... About what happened in the elevator, a couple of weeks ago." Harry said.

"Oh..", Hermione rest her elbows above the table and held her hands together. "T-that's an accident.. I also had a fault.. J-just forget it happened."