C H A P T E R 7

Harry woke up on the Gryffindor common room, he can't believe that he made it back knowing that he's been with Samantha until past four o'clock last night.

Hermione emerged from the girls dormitory holding a pile of books. "Finally you're awake! Oh my God Harry, where have you been? We found you here lying like a drunk man and no one can wake you up." She said in a worried tone.

"Er.. Sorry I just... Just can't find my way back." He yawned as he stretched his arms and legs.

Hermione sighed before dropping herself at his side putting the books in the table. "You can tell me. I'm a friend right?" She held his chin and face him to her.

Harry suddenly felt the drowsiness left his body, he's looking straight at her sparkling chocolate brown pupils. Hermione smiled and flick her fingers to pull away his attention from her face. "You can stop staring now Harry." She chuckled.

Harry immediately turned his head away. "Oh r-right sorry." He mumbled.

"Now tell me where have you been after you left our review?" She asked.

"Uhm.. Samantha... Er.." Harry tried his best to steady his voice but it's just trembling on its own.

"What?" Hermione furrowed her brows.

"I've been with.. With Samantha last night." He finally said letting out a deep exhale.

Hermione covered her mouth by her hands, her eyes are wide open as she move a few inch away from her best friend. It's weird but her eyes seems to glisten once. She didn't speak and tried to gulp despite of her dry throat.

"Mione?" Harry noticed her sudden retreat.

Hermione put her hands on her lap and slowly look at his eyes, "Y-you mean... Y-you two.. A-are.." She stuttered between her words.

"Yeah.. If you're asking if we're dating now. Well, yes." Harry said firmly as he remembered his previous deal with Samantha and he's happy to see the reaction on Hermione's face.

She began to bite her lower lip as if trying to figure out if she should be happy about the news. "Er..." Her eyes roam around the table.

"It's perfect right? You and I.. With a Malfoys." Harry fake a soft laugh wishing that those last three words doesn't need to be there anymore.

Hermione sighed deeply, her palm was sweating unknowingly. She forced a tiny smile pulling herself back and face her friend. "Congrats!" She snapped.

Harry frowned at her reaction, it looks like she's hiding something at the back of her mind. She rose from the velvet couch as her smile grew wider but it still doesn't reach her eyes. "Well.. I'll go now.. Er.. Bye." She quickly walk towards the door wishing she could fly away as fast as possible.

"Hermione!" Harry called before she could speak the password.

"What?!" She turned to him. Harry was holding her textbooks, he stood up and walked towards her.

"Books?" He smiled.

Hermione take a quick glanced at her undeniably charming best friend with his thick black hair scattered at his head like a bird nest and his geeky glasses that's already slipping to his nose. "Yep.. Thanks." She grabbed her books from Harrys hand.

"Dumble--"
"Mione!" Harry touched her shoulders that made her jump slightly.

"Harry stop doing that!" She exclaimed.

"Sorry.. I'm just thinking if you could wait me, I'll just change into robes and--"

"No Harry, you walk on your own. I don't wanna be late just because I wait for my irresponsible friend." She snapped. Harry raise his brow. "Dumbledore Snape!" She yelled, the portrait swung open as she immediately step outside and ran downstairs.