C H A P T E R 24

"Glacius", three ice cubes came out from the tip of Draco's wand and fell inside his glass of whiskey. He lift it up and let the ice swivel inside. He glanced at the front stage before taking a gulp of alcohol. He didn't flinch when the beverage burnt his throat, he took another.. Then another.. Until he refill his glass again.

The sun was already setting behind the mountain range, turning the sky orange, some of the visitors of the wedding has departed earlier, leaving the majority of Weasley's and Astoria's relatives and friends. They started cleaning off the reception area and preparing for the night party, Astoria's family hired the Weird sisters who began assembling their instruments on the stage.

He was sitting alone by the farthest corner of the huge tent, everyone gathered in front when the band started their first song number. "Waiting for someone?" Came a voice from beside him.

"What do you want Weaslette?" Draco asked irritably without looking at her.

"Now, now, don't be so rude Malfoy.." Ginny pulled the other chair in front of him and settled down. She smiled while staring at Draco's face who's eyes were fixed on the dancing people in front. They were just far enough from the stage to hear each other despite of the loud music.

"Is there any place here where I can enjoy myself alone?" He sighed then took another swig from his glass. Ginny watched his movement with a smirk across the face, her hand was resting by the globe in her stomach.

"Try Ron's room then." She mocked. He just snorted and ignored her comment. "By the way, what are you doing here alone? Where is Hermione?" Draco felt something punched his chest with the thought of her. She hasn't return since he let Potter chase her, he have no idea  where they are by now, or what they are doing..

"Gone home." He replied shortly.

"Really? But I can't find Harry anywhere else too.." Ginny noticed his face became rigid and suddenly his grip to the glass went tighter. She decided to stop provoking him since he's already drunk and she's an eight and half month pregnant woman, she won't like it if he lose his temper.

"Alright, I'm sorry. But I can't help to remember this scene quite familiar." She leaned closer to him and lower her voice. "You know, way back our Hogwarts years.. It's that just, I think you're alone here for the same reason... You're waiting for her again, aren't you?" Draco gave her such dangerous glare, a glint of flaming rage inside his pupils, but the red-haired witch didn't react a bit. "And you know too who's with her.. Am I right?"

"I'm giving you a chance to sew your mouth shut and get the hell out of that chair, just once." Draco muttered under his breath, his voice was cold and threatening.

"What will you do? Hex me? You don't want to lose your future Godson Malfoy, I'm telling you." Ginny smirked, she felt satisfied to see him shut his eyes and loosened his grip to the glass.

"Fine, you don't want to leave? Then I will. Fuck this place." He rose from the chair and thrust it harshly  to the table.

"Still the old Draco Malfoy, rude and impatient. I'm just came to tell you the same thing I said three years ago, she will never show up tonight.. I'm certain you know that, right?" Ginny rest her back against the chair and crossed her arms to her chest, raising an eyebrow to him.

"Yes. And I will wait for her, just like what I told you before." With that, he marched out of the tent to find a quiet place.

* * *

Hermione twisted the doorknob slowly, the old oak door opened with a creak, she slid inside the room. Everything there were clean and properly arranged, from the bed, shelf, books and furnitures. She smiled as she saw the banner of muggle rock band hanging by the wall, there were also photograph of people in black and white. She walked closely to the desk where a particular picture frame was standing. She narrowed her eyes and picked it up.