C H A P T E R 23

She put a very thin layer of lip gloss on her lips and a small amount of mascara upon her eyelashes, just enough to emphasize those curls. She also did her hair earlier, it doesn't need so much effort anyways, her hair was straight and sleek unlike the bushy ones before. She was wearing  a baby blue off-shoulder dress and a cream colored high heels.

Hermione stared at her reflection in the mirror, she scanned her face as if she was facing a stranger before her. A lot of questions were drifting her away from reality again, she wanted to talk to her previous self and ask how her life goes before. If only it's possible.

She made a sudden movement when she felt a cold fingers rested on her bare shoulders. She looked up the reflection of the man standing behind her, his usual pale face and thin lips, his magnificent jaw lines that's screaming perfection in every ways. He's handsome and a very nice man, but she can't feel anything at all, it seemed like she wasn't attracted to him anymore.  Hermione watched him solely then she noticed something glistening in his hand.

Draco  put the gold necklace around her neck, the pendant rest between her collarbones, it was a locket that has a snake carving in the middle. She looked at him upon the mirror, their eyes met then Draco bend and trailed small kisses on her shoulder. "Ready?" He asked.

Hermione pressed her lips together and nodded as a response. She picked up her purse and held his hand, they walked out of the manor to apparate.

* * *

The couple landed a few feet away from the giant talon and crowds, the Weasley's obviously put a lot of effort while preparing the burrow. Hermione clasped her hand on Draco's tightly, her eyes roamed around the place. Here comes again the strange feeling at the pit of her stomach, everytime she came across on the things or person that seemed so familiar to her.

"Hermione!", her eyes turned to where the voice came from.

"Luna!", she beamed nervously. The blond witch walked toward her along with a black haired one. Luna was wearing a magenta dress that has green laces on the hem, and a summer hat that has spring and a pineapple leaves at the top. "This is Cho Chang, do you remember her?" She asked.

Hermione tried to pulled her utter amazement at Luna's choice of dress at the back of her head and looked at Cho, her head hurt instantly but she didn't let them to notice it. She's so sick of people treating her like she don't know a lot of things. She smiled at Cho and extended her hand to her, "Yep! Our classmate from Hufflepuff right?" She said.

Cho glanced at Luna then to Draco, a pure bewilderment was etched on her beautiful face. "Er.. I'm from Ravenclaw Hermione, and ah.. I'm a year higher from yours." Cho said awkwardly.

Hermione felt her neck and ears heated, she raised her perfect lined eyebrows to Cho and dropped her hand. "Oh yes, pardon my silliness. I can't quite recall some of unimportant person actually." And with that she pulled Draco's arms away from the two.

"Hey, that's rude!" Her husband whispered under his breath.

"She's embarrassing me!" Hermione snarled.

"There you are!" The couple stopped on track when Mrs. Wealsey approached them. "We've been waiting for you, come on inside." She led the way inside the burrow.

As soon as they came in the living area, Hermione's gaze turned on circular couch the instantly. "Mom!"  her eyes turned glassy as the 3-year-old boy jumped off from Narcissa's lap and ran toward her, she picked him up and embrace his small body, planting kisses at the top of his nose.

"I missed you so much baby.." She said, "Thank you.." She mouthed to Narcissa.

"I brought his things, it's wrong to keep him away from his mother... Right Draco?", the woman turned to her own son.