Chapter 11 - Caught

Newt smiled sweetly at the sweating female. He stepped out, quite anxious of what she wants, only to be hesitant when he sees that he's being stared at by dozens of people. Including President Seraphina.

His smile drops, as he walks up to Tina. (Name) and Jacob walks out behind him. "So this is what you've been telling us about?" The president questioned. "Yes," She whispered back. "He has. . . He has brought creatures here. And he's not a registered wizard," Tina added.

Newt's eyes widened. (Name)'s stomach dropped. Jacob turned pale. "Wait. Isn't that a no-maj?!" One of the lads in the crowd yelled, pointing at the now white Jacob. President's eyes turned into slits. "Mr.?" She asked.

"Scamander. That's Mr. Scamander. This female is Ms. (Last Name), and the no-maj is Mr. Kowalski," Tina whispered again. She was thrilled that she has finally believed in her words, but also felt guilty for the kind hearted man she had put in danger.

"And who are these two people? Are they helping him smuggle illegal creatures here?" President asks. Feeling quite offended, (Name) placed a hand on her chest. "Certainly not!" She spat. Her face suddenly turned red, as she covered her mouth, realizing that what she had done was plain wrong.

After a while of discussing, a weird image-like thing appeared over all our heads. It was the body of a dead man, floating around lifelessly. His eyes were wide opened, yet his body was limp. A few black marks danced around the man's pale and fragile skin.

(Name)'s eyes widened. She nudged Newt slightly. "Newt! Those are Obscurus marks!" She whispered, her small figure trembling in fear. "We believe, that one of your beasts have killed Senator Henry Shaw Jr. just the other day," The president stated. Newt took note of your words, and walked towards the floating figure, examining it carefully.

"Actually," He says. "Those marks over here," He points around the body towards the black substances. "Are the marks of a person who was attacked by an Obscurus," He spoke. As president opened her mouth to speak, Newt cut her. "The marks look closest to it. I bet it is an Obscurus," He whispered. "No. I it is an Obscurus," With that being declared, the president let out a scoff.

"Mr. Scamander! There has not been any Obscurials here in America for nearly millions of years! That is impossible!" She yelled. (Name)'s face dropped. "N-No! You don't understand! Those are Obscurus marks!" She yelled in defense. Newt faced you with a sad smile, and a thumbs up.

"Impound the case!" She yelled. "We will check on it, and we will destroy it after," She declared. "No," Jacob whispered. "No! Please! They mean no harm!" Newt yelled out. "Please! Just listen to us!" (Name) screamed. Tina sat quiet, as she, too, was being taken away.

"Into the cells they go!" They heard the president yell. Tears brimmed the eyes of (Name). "I'm sorry, Newt," She whispered.