Ignorance Is Your New Best Friend

If I'm a bad person, you don't like me
Well, I guess I'll make my own way
It's a circle, a mean cycle
I can't excite you anymore
Where's your gavel? Your jury?
What's my offense this time?
You're not a judge but if you're gonna judge me
Well sentence me to another life. - Paramore, Ignorance.

"What do you mean you can't help me?!"
I'm manic. Full episode. I'm fuming and all I want to do is punch the guy in the face and run out of there. But I stand my ground.
"Sir, I'm sorry but we're doing all we can. There's just no leads." He's scared of me. He should be. I'm gonna fucking blow. All the people in the room have turned to stare at me.
"Well find some then! I have a fucking child at home and you're telling me you have no leads and there's still a fucking murderer on the loose since last week, who's next victim is me!"
"Like I said, there's nothing we can-"
"Fuck nothing! Do something before I file a whole lawsuit against you and your whole department!" The cops are taking hold of my arms, restraining me and leading me out.
"Did you hear me? FUCK NOTHING! Do something! He's coming! And it will be your fault when he does!"

Meagan's waiting in the car park. Bronx is with grandad. She sees the cops leading me out and gets out wide eyed, and starts to stride towards me and my entourage.

"Hey, hey! Let him go, he's not doing anything wrong!"

"And who might you be ma'am?" The guy wears a thousand sleepless nights around his eyes.

"She's my girlfriend."

"I wasn't asking you." I spit at his feet.

"I'm sorry sir, he's my partner and he's having an episode. Bipolar."

"I'm not having an episode!"

The guy shakes his head, and hands me over to Meagan. I immediately start towards him but when Meagan takes my hand I forget it quickly.
"Get him off the property. Bipolar or not I will arrest you and him if you're not out of here in five."

Meagan pulls me sharply towards the car. "Come on baby let's go ok? He's not worth our time, none of them are." Once we're in the car Meagan passes me a pill and I throw it back. I sit fuming in silence for the entire journey back.

"What do you mean you can't help me?!"