Is there an after?

Are you living your life,
Or just waiting to die?
The pride the pride the pride
The brightest things fade the fastest
With all my life,
The pride the pride the pride. - Steve Aoki ft Fall out boy, Back to Earth.

Beep! Beep! Beep! It was steady. Then it would speed up if I moved. I was in a bed. It was warm, almost heavenly. Maybe I am in heaven. In that case I don't want to ever open my eyes.

"Mr Wentz?" Eyes shot open. "It's ok. I will try my best to explain," She said, sitting down on the bed. 'She' is a nice girl in nurses' uniform, hair pulled back and bags under hazel eyes. She explains what happened. Some of it I know, some of it I don't. Like how He tried to kill me when they came and they had to 'put him down'. And how it was Patrick's DNA used to trace Him. I guess in that way, the same way I owed Trick my fame, I now owed him my life. Almost Ironic.

What I did know was that I was supposed to die. It wasn't meant to be me that came out of this. I wasn't meant to be the one in this hospital, in a warm bed and a pretty girl sitting next to me. This isn't real.

I could still feel His hands on me. A thousand showers will never make me feel clean. They are on my throat, choking.

Petey...

I pinch myself. Hard. Then I scream. A cascade of doctors rush towards me. I am restrained and then a rush of morphine flows through the drip in my arm.

Petey...