Congratulations On Being Top Story!

Sometimes I think about who I should believe
The people who are dead or the people who are free
Sometimes I hear them as they whisper to me
I try to stay awake so I won't die in my sleep. - The Art Of Anesthesia, SayWeCanFly.

I'm in a cell when they woke me up. The big metal door creaked and they escorted me, hands cuffed behind my back, to get mugshots. I had to hold a sign up that said:
Peter L K Wentz III,
6am, 11/16/06
LA.
I guess they couldn't fit in my whole name.

They took me back to my cell. I slept a little. Should I care? It was definitely going to impact my career, but everyone already knew I was a fucking douchebag anyway. Couldn't get any bigger.

Around early afternoon ( how am I meant to know exactly?) I was taken out again, this time to be interrogated. I felt like a giant hamster, kept in a cage, fed, and exercised twice a day. They must really enjoy my company.

I flashed the female detective my infamous grin as she came in. She looked daggers at me. I laughed. She had a brown Bob, harshly cut above the shoulders and with a harsh yet pastel blouse to match. She was wearing flared trousers. Flared. I know I'm probably in no position to judge in my skinny jeans, guy liner and Metallica shirt but really she needed an introduction to this century.

"I'm here to ask you what you know about the murder of Michael James Way." She said, pushing down the recording button on the monitor. I liked the way her gaunt face moved when she spoke.
"Peter?"
I shook myself awake. "Sorry. I wasn't listening. Before you repeat yourself I have a few points to make. By a few I mean three." I was retreating into classic me but I didn't bother to stop myself.
"Firstly, it's Pete, not Peter; that's my dad." Her face twisted into a face I didn't like, a "so?" expression.

"Secondly, about the whole Mikey thing?" She leant forward in her chair, hair spilling on her shoulders. "I don't who did it, but I did see the body. "
"And third?" She asks. I think I've made her more interested now.

"You should really buy some new jeans."