The Upsides of Looking down

Purple smoke and candy skulls,
Colors bleeding through the walls.
Dripping, swirling as they fall,
I turn my head like someone called.
Gotta get her number...
Before she melts away!
Hot damn, where's my phone?
I think I'm in this room alone.
I come to the reality that it's a dream.
I really wanna leave this place.
I need someone to slap me in the fucking face! - Acid, Ghost Town.

We went to see the premiere of the new Ghostbusters last night. It was ok. I personally prefer the original but Bronx has never seen it, so it was cool to see what he thought of it. Andy was there and Joe was busy with Ruby so he sat with us. Afterwards we walked back to the car, Bronx shooting Andy with a toy gun that Meagan had insisted on buying for him and Andy pretending to be a ghost.

"Pete! Pete!" From years of practise my eyes scanned the scene like an Eagle's, defensively trying to keep my family safe.
"Pete! We love you!" Fans. Great.

Wentz smile on like a sudden costume change I walked over to where they stood on the other side of the street. Meagan and Andy took Bronx away and carried on walking to the car. They knew the drill.
They were two girls, supposedly friends and kitted out in bright hair dyes and converse shoes.
"Hey!" I flashed a grin. "How are you guys?"
"Omygodcouldyousignthis? It'ssocoolmeetingyouandcanwetakeaselfietoo?" Nervous.
"Sure." I got out a biro and proceeded to sign the hat I was presented with from one of the girls, the one with blue hair.
"So... What's your names?"
"I'm Alex."
"Oh yeah my name's Rachel."
"Cool names, I'm Pete by the way."
They giggled. I turned for a photo with them.
"I've got to go now 'cause my kid's in the car, but really it was awesome meeting you guys!"
"THANKYOU!" They chorused. I smiled, waved and jogged over the road and down the street to the car.

I got in the back.
"Bronx, promise me you will never dye your hair blue."