Chapter twenty two

Pic of Lor.

Lorcans POV

Hi beautiful lady, how are you? I ask the most precious person who ever lived, my mother. I came here to our sanctuary and I know it won't be long until my two brothers find me. We all keep this place as our go to spot if we are really upset or hurt. I clean the small grave and the headstone while I am here it's been a while since we've come to see her so I apologise to her for that. I feel a light breeze that really means nothing but I still take comfort in it believing she's here to look after me. Soon enough I hear the boys come toward me and I'm immediately taken into a double hug. I let myself enjoy the feel of my brothers arms and it gives me the reassurance I need right now. Rick leads us to the bench we placed by our mother and we sit.

Her grave site is in a beautiful place, once we earned enough money we took her Urn and got permission from the local council to bury her under a great oak tree that sits on a hill and the sun sets right behind her every evening. It's the least she deserves after the hard life she had to live and the horrific death she had to endure. There are four cement stones that mark where her urn sits. We put up a simple headstone with her picture on it and the words beloved mother engraved onto it. No name or dates just her and our declaration of our love for her. I stare at her smiling beautiful face and it makes me smile too. Rick clears his throat and begins.

"Hi mom, how are you up there. I bet your relieved to know that bastard got what was coming to him. Unfortunately poor Layla had to go through years of torture at his hands but she's safe and happy now. We miss you and we want to thank you for sending so many wonderful people our way. It's amazing and we are grateful for the fact that we've managed to find the loves of our lives. We are also grateful for the family we've found, we are a little unorthodox but we love them and they love us. I know that makes you so happy up there. I wish we could have you here but I know we've done alright by you. We love you and miss you so much".

This is tradition for us, anytime we come here we sit holding hands and talk to her, and as tradition goes, I know they have packed a small picnic for us to share. No matter what age we are we will always do this, it rebuilds our bond as brothers. After sitting and pondering our own thoughts for a while Ben finally asks "are you going to tell us what's going on in that brain of yours Lorcan Wallace" I sigh knowing they know something is up.

"I'm sorry I ran out but it just upset me that the first thing they did was presume I was running out on them. I'm not him" I finally admit out loud my biggest fear. "I'm not like that scumbag we had for a father. I know I lived freely and did what I liked when I liked but now that I'm with them I don't want them to think that I'm like him. I know I was stupid to take off like that but I thought they'd understand once I showed them the tickets and stuff. I should've said more when I contacted them but to be honest, as childish as it sounds I was so excited about getting something nice done for everyone I thought I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret if I spoke to them too long. I mean I sent them a goodnight message saying I loved them both but that wasn't good enough for them. They still jumped to conclusions as soon as they saw me packing. I just wanted to get a head start on it is all and then it blew up in my face. If they think that I'm so flaky that I'd just fuck off the first chance I get, then they must think I'm a deadbeat like him. And that is not something I can live with".

Rick pulls my head into his chest and I feel the comfort that this man can only offer me, he's been my father for so long that I never needed that bastard. Rick had it the worse out of all of us because he never had a parental unit, we were lucky we had him to turn to. It's times like this that I appreciate the blonde beauty that is Theo. "Listen to me, they do not think that. I know they triggered this reaction accidentally but look at it from their point of view, I know you have but be honest how would you have reacted. Exactly." He says when I stiffen. I do realise I overreacted but I can't stand the thought of them seeing me that way.

"Your right but if they think I'm a runner how do I deal with that. I am one hundred percent committed to them but they need to know that. I've told them time and time again that even though I was carefree before I've changed. How could I not have, for fuck sake we've all had near death experiences and if that alone doesn't bond us what will I have to do to prove it to them" now it's Bens turn to hug me. "Oh trust me big bro they know it now. They were devastated when they realised what was really happening, they were ready to tear the town apart looking for you but we stopped them. You just need to communicate better, Dar and I had the same issue and now we try to talk about everything openly. Now I think it's time to eat and go back to your men. You slut, only you would have two gorgeous men hanging out of you" he teases me and we all laugh. For a quiet, shy man he sure is funny. Darius is good for him.

We do just that and instead of anymore serious talk we just chat about our lives laughing and catching up on some needed brother time. It's nice, I love our larger than life extended family but I miss it just being the three of us once in a while. As soon as we arrive home I'm tackled at the door by Taigh as he jumps into my arms "oh Lor I'm so sorry, I love you so much. Please don't hate us, we jumped to conclusions but we didn't mean to think you didn't love us or would leave us like that-" I shush him with a kiss. Seconds later I am taken away from his lips and Toms soft, full, lips replace his "I love you precious and I'm sorry too" he whispers against my lips once we break apart.

"I overreacted guys, I felt like you thought of me as a deadbeat like my father was but that was my insecurities playing up. I should have handled this whole thing better but I got overexcited about the holiday. Everyone has gone through so much shit, that the thought of us all having a good time and catching up on some R&R got me acting stupidly. Now let's get inside and finish packing Mickey Mouse is waiting".