Chapter three

Lorcans PoV

The club was packed by the time we arrived, Ben just shot me the 'remember what we talked about' look, I raised my hands in surrender letting him know I got it. Tegan got called to work after there was a big fire in a block of apartments so it was just me myself and I. The barman zoomed in on me immediately, he was cute but not cute enough, just not him. "Hi, what can I get you?" He shouts in my ear over the loud music. "Just a coke" I reply. I promised Dar I would be alcohol free for the night, pft, as if I was going to drink when my little bro was partying.

The barman places the drink down with a wink that I ignore. So I sit and people watch and spy watch on Ben. I notice one of Ben's friends hand him a fruity looking drink and I know from the wince he pulls that there is alcohol in it, I make to move but as I do I see him push it aside refusing to drink it. He searches the club for me but he won't see me, I planned it that way. I knew if he could see me he would be looking to me for approval throughout the night. I didn't want him to do that, he needs to feel the freedom of making his own choices, right or wrong.

I keep my eye on the little fucker that gave him the drink and it's clear he's into Ben but my clueless brother thinks he's being friendly. He's not. I'll wait because if he tries anything I'll kick him into next week. As the night progresses the leech gets closer and closer to Ben and it's obvious he's starting to make him uncomfortable. I wait to strike but I don't have to. The leech has been whispering into Ben's ear from time to time, making Ben frown. Suddenly Ben looks at his lap, pushes away, what's clearly a wandering hand, from his thigh and punches the guy right across the face. Now, I'm not sure if I'm, impressed, worried or angry.

I go for all three. Impressed that my lil Benny just broke the assholes nose. Worried about the fact that he never gets angry enough to strike anyone. And angry that the leech managed to upset him enough to make him strike out. I see Ben stand and again search for me in the room, within seconds I'm next to him "let's go home Lor, I'm done with this shit hole" I want so bad to hit the fucker that touched him but I put his needs first and lead him out of the club.

Once outside he holds onto me and it's only then I feel him shake, this only fuels my fire to want to kill that bastard but I don't react. It's obvious he needs me to be level headed right now but I'll get to the leech later "how much did you see?" He asks as he looks down. "Everything" is my only answer he looks so ashamed of himself I don't want to upset him by asking questions. We get to the car and I drive, he's quite and I leave him to his thoughts.

It's not until we reach home does he speak "he was so rude Lorry" he says calling me by his nickname for me. I nod. "He kept touching me under the table so I told him to stop. He asked me to go home with him, many, many times. I told him no but he was getting annoyed. I handled him Lor but then he said 'why are you giving that sweet ass to an old man, I could give you real satisfaction'. That dickhead. How dare he insult my Dar, I did feel really bad for hitting him on the way here but now that I am saying it out loud, I'm glad I punched him, not sorry!" I laugh at his statement. He looks like a confused puppy as I laugh so I tell him "oh Ben, only you would be nice to someone who was being rude and inappropriate to you but then punch them for talking shit about someone you love. Your too cute bro".

He starts to reply but my phone cuts him off, I apologise as I answer it. I hear a slurry voice call out on the line "please be Lorcan. Lorcan I need help, Lorcan, hello. Lorcan I'm outside work, I need help please come!" I realise quickly that it's Taigh. I might not have feelings for the boy but no way am I not helping someone in need. The line goes dead and fear fills my stomach. "Lorry are you ok, who was on the phone?" Ben asks. I panic "Ben please go inside. Tell Dar what happened tonight, no, don't argue, he needs to know. I need to go ok. Just go". He realises I'm serious so he doesn't question me and does as I ask.

As soon as he is safely inside I take off. It doesn't take long to get there and when I do I see a figure slumped outside the glass doors, it's Taigh. I park illegally but I don't care as I lock the car and run to him. I turn him over and gasp, fuck! Somebody did a number on this poor boys face. He's only half conscious "shit, Taigh I'm calling an ambulance, ok-" he looks up with raw fear in his eyes and shouts weakly "NO, please don't" I'm baffled but try to convince him. He won't budge so I lift his weak body and put him on my back. Not the most comfortable for his pain threshold but I need one hand free to open the office and doors leading there.

Five agonising minutes later I have him on my luxury couch in my office. For such a little thing he's holding up well. "Taigh. I need to remove your shirt ok. I need to check your torso" I tell him. He winces as I remove it and when I do it's clear he's been hit there too. I clean him up the best I can and try to keep him conscious. He has marks all over his beautiful face, hey, I might not go there but I can appreciate a beautiful face when I see one. Giving me little information he eventually falls asleep.

I try to remove him from my arms but he whimpers each time I do. I give up after the tenth try and just lie down with his body above mine and cover his lower half with the throw from the back of the chair. I set my alarm to wake me every two hours so I can wake him to ensure he doesn't have a concussion. It's not the most comfortable of positions but I do drift off after some time. It's a gruelling night but the sun starts to rise as I drift off for the last time.

I hear a knock to the door of my office and I start to come around. Before I get to answer the door opens and I hear a gasp. It's him. My stomach flip flops like it does every time I see him, until I see his, hurt, horrified expression. It dawns on me then, I realise what he's seeing. Me lying under a half naked twink, one problem, he can only see Taigh's back and none of my body.

It looks like two naked lovers to a third party's eye and I freak when I see him getting ready to leave so I shout "Tom! Don't leave! He's hurt, I'm fully dressed. Just let me show you, I swear it's not what it looks like" lame I know. But he does this to me, he makes me turn into every fucking cliche I hate and it's not until I saw him turn to leave have I ever acknowledged any ounce of feeling for him, pass fucking each other, in my heart and it's scary as all fuck.