Chapter ninteen

Lorcans PoV

It's two days since our talk and today's the day the troupe and the team come over. None of them know that he has become ours so he's a bit nervous about seeing them again under the new circumstances. We've tried to reassure him but he just can't stop himself being nervous. I walk into the kitchen just as I hear a glass breaking "shit Taigh are you ok. Are you wearing shoes, if not don't move until I get you some babe!" I exclaim. He starts to pick up the pieces but because of his nerves he is shaking and cuts his hand hissing out in pain. "Fuck sake Taigh, don't touch another piece your going hit an artery at this stage" I scold.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it Lor" he whimpers and it hits my heartstrings. Poor boy, the smallest of things get him so upset. "I know love, your ok it's only a small scratch. I need you to relax, you already know all the guys. Granted Ben and Dar were away when you were in the hospital but the others visited you all the time. You love Theo right? So why are you getting so worked up?" I need to get him calm or God only knows what he's bound to do. He hides his face as usual but I'm not letting him away with it. It might seem cruel to make him face us when he does that but it's the only way we can reassure him that we are listening, interested and involved in what he has to say and what he's feeling.

"I want to know brat, now spill please" I say sincerely. "I .. Um .. What if the think we are disgusting. I don't want to get in between you and your family and Tom and his friends. It wouldn't be right. And what if they think I'm using you both to get to live here, I'd rather be homeless than have them think I'm a gold digger. They don't know how much I love you and Tom and then if they have a problem with us it might make you think they are right-" he rambles off his insecurities and I sigh. I thought we were finished with this discussion, apparently not.

"Taigh, I know they are my family but how many times have they told you your part of us too. The team and the troupe, all of them have accepted you as one of ours and there is no "my family and toms friends" every last one of us are a family. Sure we all come from different backgrounds, sure some of us are blood related but that means nothing to us. My brothers and I we only had each other in this world until the little blonde bombshell that is Theo stalked Rick. Then our world exploded, we got him, Kate, Rob and Noel in one package and never looked back. Tom helped us capture that sick fucker that came after Theo and moved onto to have his friends join him in his team. We do not just let anyone into our family each and every one of us got here through a journey and now your here too. So please try to calm down, you'll see they will only love you more now." I finish with a kiss to his lips.

The speech I gave seems to relax him. I bandage up the cut and fix up the kitchen making sure no broken glass is left. Not long after Tom comes in freshly showered and as I'm stirring the soup he comes up behind me wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my neck. I sigh in pleasure and lean back on him "mmm. Smells great. And the soups not bad either" he whispers in my ear and I laugh. "Your so cheesy" but it doesn't make me move him or his lips from my neck.

I feel him move away from me and glance over my shoulder as he takes Taigh's face in his hands and kisses him softly on the lips before deepening it. I love that he knows Taigh needed some encouraging from him to open up to him better. Soon enough the front door opens and I hear the guys loud voices heading toward us. Kate is at a friends, as most teenagers do, so she won't be here. Tom and I stand on either side of Taigh to give him strength and confidence. It's not needed, the second Theo sees us he yells and screams "yay! They're finally together. Oh guys I'm so happy for you" just as he starts to launch himself at us Rick throws him over his shoulder with a tap on the butt. "You don't know that snow angel, now please calm down" he winks at me knowingly.

"No, he's right we are together" I say only this time its Ben who launches himself at us. With strength I didn't know he had he knocks Tom and I away from Taigh as he takes him into a bear hug "yes! Finally I'm not the only one going to babied around here. Welcome to the family bro. Let him go Tom we need to talk. Theo, Noel, Tegan, let's go" he demands as he pulls Taigh off the chair and the others follow. "So the bottoms need a time out eh" I laugh and the others join in. The rest of us finish preparing the lunch and as soon as it's done we call the guys back. I'm happy to see Taigh blushing but smiling. Who knows what they said to him.

"You ok babe?" Tom asks discreetly. This only makes him blush more and hide his face in toms neck. I see Tom almost burst with pride at the action and it makes me happy too. "Congrats you guys. I know it'll be taboo with some people but I think I speak for everyone here when I say. . Fuck them.. Cheers!" Rob toasts us and we all cheer along with him. There is the usual piss taking and making fun off each other throughout the lunch and everyone is having a good time. I can see it though, it's just there under the surface. The stress. We have been through so much and now that this latest crisis is over we are left with the residual stress. But I know we can get through it together we are a strong family and we have each other's backs.

Two weeks later life has settled into a routine yet again. Taigh is back to work on light duties only. Tom and the guys are still on patrol and I've been swamped with missed calls, messages and meetings that I put off to care for Taigh. I'm getting a bit frustrated to be honest, while we've played around in the bedroom, well any room to be truthful, there has been no sex since the day Taigh came home. That was nearly three weeks ago now and I'm just not used to holding out this long. I understand that Taigh needs to recuperate, I really do but I miss it.

Life is becoming predictable and it's annoying the shit out of me. Sure it's the grown up way but it's never been my way. This in mind I make a decision, I pick up my mobile and dial, once it's answered I say "hi, it's Lor. Can we meet up?".