Chapter twenty one

Taigh's PoV

Oh no, what did we do. I thought he loved us. I'm going to puke, I've missed him so much and it's only been two days since we saw him. How will we live without our man. He hears my gasp and turns quickly toward us. The look of guilt on his face makes it worse. It's true he's going. Unable to stop myself I run at him and beg "don't leave us. Tell me what I did wrong. I know I can change I swear I'll do any-" he holds me away from his chest and looks horrified at me. "You think I'm leaving, what, why babe. Tom? Tom say something. Is this what you think too?" Tom starts to look mad "what do you expect us to think Lorcan. You disappear for two days we can't get a hold of you and now your packing, tell me what you'd think".

Now Lorcan looks mad, oh, oh, "well firstly I would trust the person I love and wait for an explanation. Do both of you think so low of me that I would just pack up and leave. Tom I was faithful to you from day one, I know I gave you reason to doubt my love for you before but I would've thought you'd know me better than to presume I would just up and leave you after all the shit we've been through together." He takes a deep breath before saying in a deadly low voice.

"I nearly fucking died then you nearly did. And you Taigh after all the coaxing I've done to get you in our arms, do you think I would do that then fuck off on you. You also nearly died saving Tom. Do you guys think I have no respect for the fact that we are here and we are finally fucking happy. I'm sorry you couldn't reach me but the signal where I was is shit. Fuck sake, I'm lucky I got you at all poor Jackson is worried sick because he couldn't get through to Bob."

He begins pacing and now it's Tom and I who look guilty. Just then we hear the door opening and soon enough the others are calling out our names. "Please go out to the others I'll be there in one minute. . Please just go" we don't want to but he looks so sad that Tom nods to me and we leave. Not in the mood to talk I wrap myself in toms arms and try to hold back the sobs. I mean I get it, he's right but he doesn't understand how worried we were either. "Hey where is he, is he ok" Rick immediately questions.

"I'm here, don't even start any of you. I can see the accusations in your eyes. I'm sorry I worried you all but trust me it wasn't my intention. I was somewhere that had terrible cell reception and I got through to Tom and Taigh when I could. As for what I was up to well it's kinda ruined now but here, surprise" he throws a file onto the countertop and walks out. Leaving us momentarily stunned. Soon enough we hear the roar of a motorbike making my heartbeat spike with fear and worry. Just as Tom goes to follow him Lenny snaps out of it and goes to the file, after inspecting it he mutters "shit".

Tom snatches it out of his hands and we all wait expecting the worst "fuck, no wonder he was so hurt. We basically accused him of abandoning us but he was out planning a trip. Fuck! He's booked a full week in Paris including two days in Disneyland for us all. He got all our schedules cleared for the week and he made out a full itinerary so that the team can be on and off duty over there. He included family time for Blake Beth and Kyle and also for Lenny, Diane and the three girls. He's got everything planned out and we thought he was leaving us. He must hate us." I can feel him shaking so I hug him tighter and he breathes three times deeply against my neck.

"Don't beat yourself up Tom. Nobody knew what he was doing and we all got worried for you" Rick tries to comfort us but I'm not having it. "No.. Um.. No we should've known he loves us.. It's not right" I stammer half afraid to stick up to Rick. I'm glad I did though because he smiles at me for the first time ever and nods in agreement. Tom takes my hand "come on pup we need to find him".

We turn to leave but Ben stops us "sorry guys but you can't. Rick lets get the stuff together yeah." The whole room looks at him like he has two heads "and can I ask, why not" Tom demands earning himself a scowl from Darius. "Sorry guys but only Rick I know where he is and we have never shared the place with anyone else. I'm sorry everyone we love you all and Dar you know I've never kept anything from you but this is a brothers pact we made years ago-" Dar takes Ben and kisses him cutting off his words. "We understand guys, please just go make sure he's ok. We all love you so much and you share everything with us so it's ok, go to him." Dar assures him.

Rick and Ben pack stuff that looks like they are headed for a picnic but their somber moods lets us know it's not a happy one. I'm so worried about him and I'm so worried about the future but all I can do now is wait with Tom and hope it's gonna be ok, it just has to be.