Chapter six

Pic of the team.

Top left - Bob.     Top right - Ramos.

Middle left - Jackson.  Bottom left - Blake.

Bottom right - Lenny.

Lorcan's PoV

"Went down an alley my ass! That boy is lying through his teeth and I intend to get to the bottom of this. Someone is abusing him and just like other victims he can't see any way out" Tom is ranting and he is furious that much is obvious. I'm not far off loosing the shit myself, who would be hurting him. What possible reason would they have, he's a good guy always friendly and outgoing. I'm with Tom on this, it needs to stop.

Tom contacts the team on his walkie talkie and rounds off his orders "He thinks we don't notice the older scars and the not so fresh bruises. He's fucking wrong. We need to get a full background check done immediately and we need to know where he lives, who he lives with. Does he have a partner, who are his friends. I will not let this go on. He involved us now he's going to have to face the consequences of that decision. Has anyone ever noticed him limping or acting injured before, find out from his colleagues and get back to me within an hour. Got it?" The guys give their usual reply of 'yes boss'.

He takes my hand and drags me into the nearest bathroom, as soon as the door closes he turns into me and hugs the life out of me. I start to tense but his words stop me "don't, Lor. Don't tense up on me right now, I need this so for once allow me this ok" I don't answer but I do relax in his arms. I allow myself enjoy it too, usually I'm panicking right now hoping that he will let go so I don't stay in his arms long enough to like it. Now, I think it's fair enough to say he needs me. I don't ask but I know he will tell me eventually why this situation has hit him so hard. He leans up from my shoulder and kisses me gently. He looks into my eyes and I know what's coming "I love you Lor, thank you" I knew it, it's the same every time.

I pull from his embrace and turn to leave. Cruel, I know but I can't get myself to return the statement. I know in my heart how I feel but when it comes to the time to say it or act upon it I clam up. How can he be so open about loving me when I don't deserve him. I've had a lot of lovers, he's had two. I live day to day, he plans weeks in advance. I love clubbing, he likes movie nights. The list can go on but they are all truly pathetic excuses to hide the plain and simple truth, I love him. I'm scared. It's that simple and that stupid. I don't want to give in only to fuck up and if that happens I'll be broken. That cannot happen.

My stomach churns as I hear him sigh sadly and for the first time ever I stop, I turn back and grab him. I pull him to me and say "I'm sorry, ok. Just know I'm trying and I'll get there soon" this makes him smile, that makes me weak. So this time I actually leave the room. Once I get back to the office door Tee is just leaving. Tom comes up behind me and she explains "I can't tell you anything guys. He'll be fine with some rest but that's all I can say due to doctor-patient confidentiality." She doesn't need to anyway, I know her long enough to read her look as one that says 'help that boy Lorcan Wallace!'. I nod and she is satisfied. She leaves to go find her boyfriend Ramos and we re-enter the room. Poor kid is tucked under my jacket fast asleep. Within minutes the team have the report ready for Tom so we leave him there asleep and go to Rick's office to meet them.

"Ok, Blake report please" Tom says once we are seated. "His name is Taigh Johnson, he's twenty one. He started here one year ago. He lives with his older brother, their parents died in a single vehicle crash two and a half years ago. No other known family. Little to no friends from what I've been told, apparently he keeps to himself and works hard. He's friendly to others but doesn't maintain relationships with any of his coworkers. Reports are not good on the brother, I think he's definitely a contender for the role of the abuser. I spoke to people around the neighbourhood and the talk is that the brother is wrapped up with some shady characters. He is into drugs and shouting can be heard from their place a lot. The couple I met told me they reported the abuse but Taigh denied it when the police arrived. Typical case of not knowing a way out" he finishes with a sigh.

I'm fuming, as are most of the men in the room. Sure we barely know the guy but we are fiercely protective of those in need and this boy is now on our radar. Tom looks like he is ready to kill and from the tick of Rick's jaw I know he's not far off. "So what do we do now?" Ben asks. "He is not going back to that house that's for sure. Have you seen him he is so thin he looks like he could break. Makes me wonder when he ate a real meal last" I tell them. If I have to drag him kicking and screaming he's coming home with me.

We discuss the topic a little longer and soon enough we leave Rick's office. Tom follows me to my office and when we get there it's empty. That little brat ran as soon as he could, well he better not think he's getting far. He will not get another bruise, not on my watch.