Chapter twenty

Toms PoV

Somethings wrong and I don't like it. Lorcan started acting strange three days ago but won't open up to Taigh or I about it. It all started Wednesday afternoon, we are about two weeks back into our regular routine now, he called me into his office from mine and told me he had to stay later than normal. I told him the usual, that it was fine I'll wait like I always do and I'll send Jackson home with Taigh but he insisted that Jackson and I swap. I couldn't believe my ears, I've been his personal security officer for eighteen months now ever since we started fucking and eventually fell in love. Not once in those months has he requested I leave without him. I found it strange but he explained that Taigh and I could do with some alone time to get used to each other. He told me that he feels like if we spent just a small bit of time together without him then Taigh would start to realise that he can trust me too.

So upon seeing his logic I agreed. I kissed him passionately and left with the pup. I won't say he was wrong, Taigh and I bonded greatly that evening. We shared a pizza and a bottle of wine while we half watched movies. We talked and laughed so much through them that we couldn't fully recall one movie. Still we missed Lor. When he came home he looked wrecked and went straight to bed but not before he kissed us both soundly first. I knew he was happy to see us cuddled up together getting along so well so I knew he wasn't a bit jealous. I mean, how could he have been anyway he was the one to suggest it.

Problem number one being that when we woke up the yesterday morning he was gone, he left a note saying he needed to see a client very early and he'd see us at work. I would have flipped out except he told me he had Jackson with him. So he picked Jackson as his security yet again, I won't lie it stung. I brushed it aside and made a mental note to talk to him yesterday in the office.  Here's problem number two, he never showed and I couldn't get him or Jackson all day. Rick and I were flipping out especially when David, his secretary, told us that he didn't know of any such meeting. Taigh came up to visit us at lunch and when he realised Lor wasn't to be found it sent him into a panic too.

Finally at half three I got his phone "Lorcan, Jesus baby where are you?" I nearly wept and nearly growled at the same time. "I'm ok Tom. I had an early meeting that ran on until lunchtime. I'm out of the state and I'm going to stay here tonight-" not being able to believe my ears I shout "your what? What's going on Lor, this is not like you at all. Tell me what's wrong" I hear him sigh but then he answers. "Nothing is wrong Tom, I just felt cooped up in the office after the last couple of weeks. So when the client asked to meet here I accepted. I'll be home in time for work tomorrow ok" he tries to brush me off. I'm about to answer when the phone is taken from me "Lor, are you ok. I miss you" Taigh says in the sweetest voice ever.

I listen in to hear his response "I'm fine brat, I miss you too. I love you and you too Tom. See you tomorrow" I hear the words but they don't have the back up they usually do and it makes my stomach queasy. I don't regret having Taigh in our lives and I hope it's the same for Lor. I don't think, no. I know I can't live without either of them. Taigh and I call it a day because even though we try we cannot get through to him again. It's a sad night in the apartment but we try to keep the spirit up. I wish he would've just talked to us if something was wrong instead of running off on a whim. How will I ever cope with life if the two men I love keep shutting me out and disappearing.

Neither of us sleep very well. Fortunately we both wake to a message on our phones, both the same simply saying 'I love you, see you later xxx' it reassures us so we are excited to see him and as soon as we get to the office we go straight to him.  Again he's not fucking here. Taigh tries to hide it but I can see the tears building in his eyes. I ask David has there been any word and he  tells me that Lorcan phoned to say he will not make it in and to tell us that he will see us at home by six. I think David is hiding something but I will let it go for now. We are all worried, our mobiles are going off every ten minutes with one or other of the family asking was there any news or sign of them. I can't understand Jackson, he knows how important the guys safety is and that we all need to check in at regular intervals.

Bob is up the wall, they've never spent a night apart since they got together so he also thinks somethings wrong. I try lose myself in work but it's useless so at lunch time I take Taigh and we leave for the day. Neither of us want to be in the apartment so we take a long lunch and afterward stroll around the city aimlessly. We talk and get more and more comfortable with each other but we both know our hearts hurt for our missing piece. Finally we have had enough and head home. We get there at five forty five and as soon as we walk in I hear movement in the bedroom. Not wasting a moment Taigh and I go straight through the apartment to get to him,smiles on our faces.

Those smiles fall quickly though because as soon as we walk in we see Lorcan wrestling with a big ass suitcase as he tries to close it. I can't even make a sound as Taigh gasps out loudly and silent tears escape his eyes. He's leaving us.