Chapter nine

Lorcans PoV

"You dickhead" I roar as I punch the fucker on the ground exactly where Tom hit him two seconds before me. He is lucky I don't kill him. "The ambulance is on the way. I've contained the bleeding but there's no way to tell if he hit a serious organ or not. Are you happy now fuck face, look at your little brother, look what you did to him" Tom shouts at a very pale looking Daniel. Fuck him. I hope he feels guilty. Within minutes we are watching the ambulance men take poor Taigh away. We go to my car and get in to follow, a knock on the window stops us from taking off. I look out and see Daniel "please let me come with you. I need to know he's ok" the cheeky twat begs.

I open the window and ask "why? Why do you care? Why should we care about you? You've fucked up his life and beat him half to death so tell me Daniel, why?" He tears up but I don't feel any sympathy for him. "I'm sorry ok. I fucked up and I need help but he's all I have. I swear I'll get better and I'll make it right. Seeing him on that floor hurt make me realise how stupid I've been. Please I can't lose him too!" Fuck sake, now he gets a conscience the dope. I sigh but nod to signal for him to get in.

Tom looks furious but he knows, like I do, that it's the right thing to do "you are not getting near him alone anytime soon fucker, so don't even try" Tom hisses at Daniel. He just sobs quietly in return. We make it to the hospital in ten minutes and we get told to wait in the family room. It's a long boring wait and three hours pass. Finally the doctor comes into the room, I won't lie he looks grim "hi I'm doctor Peters. Taigh is in critical condition he's got a torn diaphragm, this means that the thin muscle layer separating the chest and the abdomen is lacerated. I've preformed a laparotomy, it's a procedure to inspect the damage caused. The tear is about five centimetres wide. It's critical but not crucial. He will live but he will be in a bad state for a week or two. The tear will need to repair itself and it may leave permanent damage to his breathing. Now, I need to say this, I'm sorry if this is a sensitive subject but he has lots of cuts and bruises. Some are fresh but some are not, do you know of any abuse he has suffered".

A sob bursts from Daniel and we all look at him. If you ask me later I'll never be able to answer why I did what I did next but I can't stop myself in the moment as I answer the doctor "yes doc, we do but it's alright we got him out of the difficult situation and his attacker has been dealt with" If the glare Tom sends me tells me anything, it tells me I'm in trouble later. Right now I don't have the time to care. "Can we see him please" Daniel all but cries at the doctor and I'm finding it amazing the change in him but I won't comment. The doctor allows us to see him for only a few minutes and looking at the lifeless body on that bed hurts my heart. The others are not fairing any better as we all leave with heavy hearts and teary eyes.

I've come to care for him whether I wanted to or not but I don't utter a word of it out loud. I love Tom and that's never going to change but Taigh moves something inside me that I'm not ready to explore right now. No, for now I just need him to recover and get back to the little cutie calling into my office for any reason or no reason at all. I'm making changes in my life from this moment on, if Taigh hadn't jumped in the way Tom would be lying in that bed and that's scary. I need to reevaluate the stupid reasons I've used to keep him at arms length. I don't care how scary it is I'm going to go into this thing full on. He deserves that much at least, I've been so worried about fucking up that I didn't realise I was fucking up by not reciprocating his feelings. It's time I woke up, put on my big boy pants and man the fuck up.

I stop right there, right in the middle of the car park of the hospital and grab Tom, seems to be my thing huh! I kiss him fiercely, when I pull away I look him right in the face as I finally say "I love you so much, will you be mine?" His smile is all I need for an answer so I kiss him again and he laughs "your such a fucking twisted bastard precious, couldn't do it like a normal person. No, you had to do it off the hop and in front of that dickhead. No wonder I love you, life will never be boring eh!" He says as he nods toward our uncomfortable looking company. "Fuck normal, I'm Lorcan sexy ass Wallace and you love it bitch" I sass. Sure we know Taigh has a hard road ahead but we will be there for him all the way and by the look of it his brother might just be too but not before I'm finished with him.