Chapter five

Pic of Taigh.

Taigh's PoV

Talk he says. How the hell am I supposed to talk to him, this beautiful creature is looking at me like he wants to kill me and he expects me to be able to talk coherently. I know how much he hates me because he thinks I'm just a little slut who is after his man but I'm not. I simply adore both of them but Lorcan is easier to talk to. Tom is so strict and powerful looking that I clam up every time I'm around him. Yes I know about them and I'm the only one but I never told a soul. I'll never forget how hard I got the day I accidentally walked in on them fucking on lorcans desk. They were so into it they didn't even notice me and I slipped out of the room.

From that day forward I have dreamed of joining them. I know it's never really going to become a reality. So I just get what I can in the form of popping up to get documents signed whenever I can just to get a glimpse of them. Tom is always on their floor somewhere so I only get a sneak peek of him but I get to talk to Lorcan if only for a little bit. I don't throw myself at him but I don't hide my attraction toward him either. He only sees me as an annoying brat and it breaks my heart but love is love no matter what.

A throat clears and I'm brought out of my thoughts. I look up and I can't lie it's a very intimidating sight, Rick and Tom are looking at me like they are waiting on my answers. Shit, why did Tom have to involve everyone in this. The big boss won't let this go and I can't tell them about Daniel, if I do I'll have nowhere to go. "I, um, I didn't see who did it. I went out for a walk and I got jumped when I made the mistake of going down an alley. I'm sorry I took up your time Lor- Mr Wallace. I feel okay to work now" I say all the while not making eye contact with anyone.

"The fuck you will. Your going to the hospital no argument this time" Lorcan demands but I can't let that happen. "I'll go later on my own-" I try to reason with him. "You won't. Lorcan is right you need to see a doctor" Tom interferes. I'm panicking now, I'm so fucking stupid why did I call him. I normally deal with this by myself but he's never gone this far before. Never hits the face, he keeps it clear so nobody's any the wiser. Maybe he ran out of drugs again, maybe he just gets some thrill from hitting me or maybe he just simply hates my guts. Whatever the reason he's my brother, the only family, only person I have and if he gets in trouble over me and gets taken away I'm screwed.

I am really freaking out now as Lorcan reaches for his car keys so I do the only thing I can. I run. I'm up and out the door before they can blink. Yeah like that was going to work. I run into a wall only it's a human wall. I look up at Tom who easily bypassed me and I want to faint because he holds me in his arms, it's more restraining me but hey a boy can dream. "Turn your skinny ass around now" he orders. "Please don't make me, I have a crippling fear of hospitals. Please Mr O' Shea" I beg.

He ignores me as he leads me back into the room. I sigh in defeat but hope soon blossoms as I hear Lorcan ask his friend to come check on me over the phone. I want to cry with happiness. This way I'll just show the person what I want and they'll never see the old marks or scars on me and then I can get out of here. I know the others can see my chest now but doctors can tell what are new and what are old injuries. "Don't look so smug pup, your getting a full check up." Tom breaks my bubble of happiness in the one sentence and I pout in a sulk. "You guys can leave Lorcan and I will deal with this from here on. Thanks for coming in" Tom tells the others."you'll keep me posted, yeah?" Rick half questions half orders. He gets a nod for conformation.

Once they leave Tom and Lorcan share a look that I can't decipher but I don't care. I need to find a way to get out of this. "You won't stay while the doctor is here will you?" I ask defeated by the whole thing. Again they share a look but this time Lorcan walks over and sits beside me, he takes my hand in his big strong one and I blush under my bruises "we just want to help. You haven't seen your face and torso we have and you need to understand you need medical attention. If you really want us out we will go but I will ask Tegan to give you a proper once over ok" he tells me and I realise Tegan must be his friend he was talking to. I nod but inside I'm nervous.

There is a light knock on the door and I want to run again but a tut has me looking at Tom who shakes his head, no. So I sit and wait while the very beautiful woman enters. She talks to Lorcan and I'm aware of Tom's stare on me. I want to hide my thin frame from him. He must think I'm disgusting. I barely eat because Daniel needs my money to pay for "things" aka drugs and booze. I've tried to hide some but when I am at work he searches the house and finds it. I've giving up trying though because on the days he finds it I get beaten, no food and I sleep in the shed. I fucking hate the shed.

Tegan comes over and introduces herself and chats to me generally for a while making me feel really comfortable with her. She makes the other two leave. She looks at me with pity that I don't like because I know that she now understands what's happening to me. I shrug and say "I'm ok, it's not that bad" she just smiles sadly. Great the doctor thinks I'm pathetic, come to think of it she is right.