Chapter four

Tom's PoV

This little fucker. How long does he think I'm going to hang around telling him I love him as he pushes me away. Then, being the sap that I am, I still sleep with him any time he comes calling. He knows I love him and I know under that thick layer of bullshit he feeds himself that he is starting to love me too, probably already does. Now I find him in this position and I don't know what to think. I know he's not a liar so I choose to trust him but I'm not happy with this situation. I turn and sigh but I'm also surprised to see the fear of rejection in his eyes, maybe we are fucking finally getting somewhere "who is he and how the fuck did you end up like this precious?" I notice but don't comment on the wince at being called the pet name.

"He is Taigh. He called me last night. Look he's messed up pretty bad can you help me get him up. I've woken him every two hours and he's been responsive so I know he doesn't have a concussion. I don't know what happened to him but I want to get answers" he tells me as I take the lightweight Taigh from him. I know exactly who Taigh is. He whimpers but I ignore it.Unconscious or not Lor is mine and he cannot be whimpering after him. Yes I'm a possessive bastard but I don't care. I've hung on for a full year waiting, giving Lor time to open up to me and nobody is getting in my way.

I lie Taigh on the couch alone as Lor fixes himself. I start walk out, I need coffee. Lor's voice stops me "wait, Tom I'm sorry, I had to help him, don't leave" I turn and take him in my arms and for a moment life feels right like it always does when he lets me have these rare "touchy-feely" times, as he calls them. The brat. "Precious I'm just getting coffee and the guys, ok. I'm not mad you helped him. I am mad that it was you he choose to help. I know how he feels about you and that annoys me but you were right to help. He better have answers, we need to get to the bottom of this. He is really messed up poor kid" I say but before he can answer I kiss him. I poor all my love into it but make it short so I don't have to feel him clamp up on me like he usually does. 

I immediately call the team on our two way radios, or as we jokingly call them walkie talkies. "Guys I need you to come to Lor's room, bring the troupe too please" I get a series of "yes boss" as my answer. The team and I are the sole security team for the Wallace troupe. There are six of us and eight of them but we make it work. Lenny usually sticks to Kate's side, even when she attends school he hangs around in a coffee shop close by so he can get to her quickly if he needs to. Little does he know, that I know, that he actually helps out the older couple who own and run the place. He looks like a big bad bear but he has a heart of gold and is a softy. Well that's until he has a reason not to be and trust me you don't want to get on his bad side.

Blake was ex army and lives accordingly. He likes structure and order but he's a good guy. He's loyal and it shows. This is why I was so shocked when he turned his gun on Dar last year. We've been friends for years and when he had to leave the army due to a shoulder injury I took him in and we lived together until he met Beth, his now wife, and moved in with her. They have an adorable son Kyle who's five and the second he looked at me and mouthed, "fam", our safe word, I knew he was not really a threat but his family was in trouble. Of course I didn't get a chance to stop the lunatic that had the love of my life at knifepoint but it's behind us now. I vowed from that day on to love Lorcan Wallace with all my heart, if only the stubborn fucker would reciprocate my feelings life would be perfect.

Ramos only joined the team after the incident and he lives with Jackson, Bob and I in our large townhouse. Well it's actually mine but they pay toward the bills and look after the food shopping. I don't mind sharing the space and Lenny and Blake are always around so rather than rent an expensive building or office I simply turned the large basement into our headquarters. Jackson and Bob are together so they only take up one room. Jackson is an old friend I met in high school, we were really close but lost contact once I joined the academy. We reunited when I was stationed here and he had doubled in size by that time. He was working as a security guard at a really high profile club so he was an immediate choice for my team.

I knew Bob from the force but again lost contact when he was stationed in Texas. He was my closest and most trusted ally while we were there so when I heard he wanted a transfer I contacted him through the chief and he agreed to come on board. Well, they met and let's just say the rest is history, lucky bastards. I re-enter Lor's office and notice the little guy is awake. I know Lor thinks Taigh is only interested in a quick fuck but my trained eye knows better. If I didn't hate the little shit I'd admit he's cute, well that's when he doesn't look like he got beaten to a pulp. He looks up at me in fear, not because he thinks I'll hurt him, no, it's because I'm the competition and he knows I know that.

I silently wait as Lorcan fusses over his cuts applying ointment and cream to them. Taigh looks like he's gonna pass out from happiness at having Lor's hands on his body. He forgot I was here for a short time but regains his composure once I clear my throat. 'Good blush and feel guilty you little fucker', I think to myself as he turns beetroot red. The others arrive except for Lenny and Kate. Of course they ask what's happening and why they needed to leave work so I quickly explain. As soon as I've finished I look at Taigh, who, in turn, is starting at me with puppy dog eyes, and say in a harsh tone like the possessive bastard I am, "we are going to help you but you better explain as best you can what happened. Now stop throwing sly looks at your boss as if he's god and talk!".