Seven

A/N - For all those saying I was killing them with the cliffhanger, here's the long awaited update. Some of the comments made my day💜
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Previously
Iain was shocked. Before anything, there was a bang. The roof had collapsed....
Now.

Mia could feel something pressed against her. She could barely move. She groaned. "Mia! Iain!"

Mia blinked a couple of times. She knew she had Poppy with her. She couldn't feel her baby girl though. "Can you hear us?"

"J-Jez, I had Poppy. I-I can't find her. I can't see Iain either," Mia sobbed.

***
Jez swore when he realised that Poppy was in there. He looked around. "Mia's awake. She's trapped."

Olivia sighed in relief. "Is she alright?"

Jez didn't know what to say. "She had Poppy in there with her when the roof collapsed. She can't find her."

Olivia paled. She looked at Charlie and Connie. "We have to do something! There's a newborn baby in there!"

Charlie rang the fire department. He explained everything.

***
Mia's chest felt compressed. "I-Iain! Where are you?" She sobbed. She tried to sit up but she couldn't. She was in agony. "Please! Answer me!" She screamed.

Suddenly, Mia heard a faint cry. Immediately she knew it was her daughter. Mia tried to  move towards the cries but she couldn't. "Hold on baby. Mummy's coming."

***
The fire crew had arrived. Charlie had explained what had happened and how there was a newborn baby in there.

They were going to do all they could.

***
Mia needed to get to Poppy. She couldn't lose her daughter. Not after what Shaun had put her through. "Mummy's coming Poppy. Hold on," she sobbed.

***
Iain had hit his head. He could just make out Mia crying. He tried to speak but couldn't. The pain he was in was unbearable.

Iain heard his daughter crying. He knew she had to have been injured. No baby as small as Poppy could avoid being injured. "Mia!" Iain yelled.

"I-Iain?!"

"It's alright baby. I'm coming," Iain said. He didn't care about himself. He just needed to get to Mia and Poppy.

***
The fire crew were ready to begin lifting the rubble. Jez knew that he would have to get Poppy out first as she was the smallest and the weakest of them.

Resus had been prepped ready for the three of them. Duffy, Olivia and Cal were waiting to go. No one wanted to rest.

***
Somehow, Iain had gotten over to Mia. He held her tightly. "I-I think she's gone Iain. I haven't heard her crying," Mia sobbed.

"Shh. She's probably just fallen asleep. You know what she's like. She's like daddy with her sleeping," Iain said.

Mia cried into him. The pain and not knowing if their little girl was alive was getting to her. "I don't remember her leaving my arms. What if I threw her?" Mia cried.

"Shh babe. You didn't."

"What if I did though? What if I killed our daughter."

***
The fire crew had managed to lift enough rubble to get Jez in. He quickly grabbed his gear and helmet before he went in. "Iain! Mia!"

"Jez! Find Poppy mate. Just get to her first," Iain called.

Jez turned on the flashlight on his helmet. He had to crawl but there was enough space.

***
All anyone could do in the ED was hope and pray that Iain, Mia and Poppy came out alive. That's all they wanted.

***
Eventually Mia had calmed down. Iain felt himself going woozy but knew he needed to stay awake for Mia. She needed him. "Iain? It hurts so much," Mia mumbled.

"I know baby. You'll be alright soon," Iain said. He held her close. "I'm here babe."

***
Eventually Jez found Poppy. She wasn't crying and struggling to breathe. "Iain! I found Poppy! It's not looking good!"

Jez heard Mia screaming. He knew that everyone would do whatever they could to help Poppy.  "Get her out Jez. Get her to Resus!"

***
Olivia and Cal looked up as Poppy was brought it. "Poppy-Olivia Dean. Two months old. Trapped in paramedics office where the roof collapsed. Struggling to breathe unaided," one of the paramedics said.

Olivia knew she and Duffy would have to work on Poppy as they were both trained in child care.

***
The fire crew went in to help get Iain and Mia out. Mia was going unconscious which wasn't good. "I-Iain, I feel so weak," Mia mumbled.

"Baby stay with me. Poppy needs you," Iain said as she lightly slapped Mia's cheeks. "Come on baby girl. Stay with me."

***
They were battling to save Poppy. Olivia knew they couldn't lose the little girl. Not after how badly Mia had been when she had given birth. She thought she was going to lose her daughter.

"Come on Poppy. Breathe for auntie Oli. She needs you to breathe."

***
Eventually, the fire crew got to Mia and Iain. Iain had managed to keep Mia awake. "Look babe. They're gonna take us to our baby girl."

"P-Poppy?"

"Yeah. She'll be back with us soon enough," Iain said.

***
The doors to Resus opened. Iain and Mia were brought in and treatment began on them.

Mia had a collapsed lung and broken ribs. She had some cuts and bruises too which is why she was in a lot of pain.

Iain however, had a severe head injury. He passed out. "Right Iain's passed out. We need to save him now!" Connie yelled.

Mia looked up. "No! Iain!"

***
Suddenly, Poppy's heart monitor started beeping erratically. Mia looked over. She was losing the two people she loved more than anything.

Connie and Charlie both looked at Mia. They knew then they would have to fight to save the baby and Iain.

***
Eventually Iain had regained consciousness. Poppy however had been placed onto life support. It wasn't looking good for her.

Mia had to get her lung re-inflated. She sat by Poppy's incubator. "No matter what happens, wherever you decide to stay here or with the Angels, know that mummy, daddy, auntie Oli and Uncle Sam love you so much."

Mia didn't want her baby girl to let go. She needed her. She wasn't strong enough to cope without her.