Twenty One

Mia stood pacing outside of Poppy's room. She could see her little girl wasn't herself. And she was worried. She just wanted her to be okay. She knew how Iain was talking to the police.

Aimee walked over and handed her a coffee. "Come on. Let's go for a walk," Aimee said.

"I can't."

"You can. Look, Charlie is with her. And he won't let anyone near her. Cal is watching Daisy. And he's getting ideas. So before he suggests to me having a baby, we need to go for a walk to clear your head," Aimee said.

Mia looked to her and sighed. "I hate you. Do you know that?" Mia said as she drank her coffee.

Aimee grinned and shrugged. "You love me. I'm your best friend. And you do need some air. You've all been through a lot. But you need to clear your head. So that you can do what's best for your baby. We will find who did this. But you can't remain strong forever. Or you'll break," Aimee said.

Mia nodded. "I know. I just hate... someone took her. And they hurt her. And I hate it. I mean, she's a good girl and I want to kill them," said Mia as she sobbed.

Aimee smiled as she looked at her. "I know. But we will find out who did it. I promise," she told her.

****

Mia walked into Poppy's room. She smiled as she saw Charlie. "Thank you for sitting with her. Is she okay?" Mia asked.

Charlie smiled. "Yes. She's had some ice cream and jelly. Iain has gone for food. He promised her a McDonalds with nuggets and a McFlurry. She's gone back to sleep which is best for now," Charlie said.

Mia looked to Poppy and sighed. "You're definitely my daughter. Getting daddy to run round after you. You don't need to worry baby. It's all going to be okay," Mia said.

Mia knew how scared she was. And she knew that she was scared knowing Poppy wouldn't talk about what happened. Poppy wouldn't speak to her. Only to Iain. And Mia was scared it was something to do with her. But she didn't know what.

Charlie placed a hand on Mia's shoulder. "Sitting won't help her. She's okay. And she's getting better. Go and have a nap in the on call room. I'll page you if she wakes up or gets worse," Charlie said.

"I can't leave her alone."

"She's not alone. And I'm not going to let anyone go near her. Apart from you and Iain. I promise," Charlie said.

Mia looked to him and nodded. Knowing how exhausted she was.

****

Mia sat in re staffroom with Aimee. Iain walked in and looked to her. Mia frowned. "What is it?"

"I spoke to Poppy. And she told me who hurt her," Iain said as he sat down.

Mia looked to him and nodded. "Well? Who was it?" She asked. Knowing she was going to kill them for hurting her little girl.

"You're not going to like this. Poppy said it was Olivia. And that you told her to do it. She hit her. And she beat her bad. I know she's your friend. I'm so sorry babe," Iain said.

Mia shook her head. "No. She is not my friend," she said. Knowing she was going to make Olivia pay.