Obviousness

(Paige P.O.V)

Going back to the hotel room was a disaster...a bit of a silent disaster, if that makes any kind of sense. No words were spoken, just complete silence. Dean and I would glance at each other every now and then, but still no words. No nothing. It was like there was some sort of unrecognized tension between us. But, I just couldn't put my finger on it. I couldn't quite figure it out. I'm sure he couldn't figure it out either. Either it was that, or the both of us were both playing the oblivious game. Ignoring the obvious.

We walked into our hotel room after he opened the door with the key card. I immediately took off my high heels and through them off to the side. Since neither of us were talking to each other right now, I figured I'd just get comfortable and do what I wanted for the rest of the night. But unfortunately, that wasn't the case because the silence has finally been uplifted. "Okay. I wanna know what's going on between you and Rollins and I wanna know right now." Dean said to me sternly as he glared at me from across the room. "Excuse me?" I said to him as I turned to face him. "What do you mean by that?" "Something fishy is going on between the two of you...I can feel it, Paige. I can see it. Especially back at the bar." Dean said. "Well, I must be blind because I have no idea what you're seeing between us." "The way you two talk to each other, the way he looks at you...it's really clear to see. Whatever you two are doing, I've done it before...I know how the game goes. I know how the game works." Dean was saying to me and I just looked at him confused as ever. "I don't know what game you're talking about. Seth and I got nothing going on besides our so called friendship." I shot back at Dean. Honestly, I was pretty surprised that he knew what was going on between Seth and I. I would feel guilty about it, but for some odd reason, I don't. I just don't. Not because I don't love Dean anymore but because I know Dean all too well. I knew him well enough to know that I'm not the only one who has something going on.

"You know what, before you try to come for me and make assumptions...how about you try checking yourself first, babe." I said to Dean, putting the emphasis on babe. We both gave each other death glares and damn, if looks could kill, he and I would both be 6 feet under by now. But before that happens, I wasn't going down without a fight. "Check myself? What the hell are you trying to say here, babe?" He said to me, mocking my emphasis. "Check yourself. You think something is going on between me and Seth, what about you and Nikki?" I shot at him once again, as I crossed my arms and walked towards him slowly. "Are you really gonna try to bring this up again? How many times do I have to say it?! Nicole and I don't fuck with each other anymore." "Is that so? Hmm, well that red lipstick on your neck tells me otherwise." I said to him as I reached my hand out towards his neck and wiped it off, showing it to him. My hand was in his face and he just looked at it as if he had no idea what it was. "Pfft! You really think that's lipstick?!" He said as he laughed slightly, trying to play it off but I was no fool. Mama didn't raise one of those.

"Do I look like I'm joking with you right now? Why the fuck is there red lipstick on your neck?!" I shouted at him and I could hear him gulp. I knew that he knew I was dead serious. "Look, I promise you that it isn't lipstick." He said and I scoffed at him. "You must think I'm stupid. If it's not lipstick, then what is it then? And you know what else, tell me why you reek of sex?" I shot at him for the third time but I didn't expect to be shot back at. "I could ask you the same thing..." Dean said and my heart literally dropped. We both reeked and it was obvious that we both had sex tonight, but not with each other... We were both at fault, just not willing to admit it. "I don't care what you did tonight, Paige. I don't even wanna know what you did tonight anymore. Let's just drop everything and move on." Dean said to me and I shook my head, agreeing with him. "Okay, no more accusations. Let's just continue on with our relationship. As long as you trust me, I can trust you. Deal?" "Deal. I love you." He said to me. "I love you too" I said back to him but what was really obvious, is that neither of us meant what we just said.