Forgetting You

Caring for someone is hard to regret. Losing someone is hard to accept. Moving on is the most painful yet, the memories we shared, are the hardest to forget.

(Dean P.O.V)

Hour and hours have passed, yet I still found myself trying to reach Paige. I continued to leave several voice messages for her, no response. She hasn't returned any of my calls or replied to any of my text messages. 'Maybe she's just busy right now...or maybe she's just ignoring me...' No, she wouldn't do that. Paige wouldn't ignore me. She knows I hate being ignored. I had no idea why she wasn't talking to me, but I do know that I didn't like this.
Although Paige and I parted ways months ago, and ended things on a good note, I really hated how things were between us now. We barely talked to each other, ever. 'Maybe she's forgotten about me...' all these 'maybe' thoughts ran through my mind as I continued to think about her, over and over again. She couldn't have forgotten about me. Not that easily. Well, maybe she has but it sure as hell wasn't that easy for me to forget about her.

"Dean...Dean...DEAN!" I heard Nikki shout from across the room, making me finally jump out of my thoughts. "What?!" I said quickly and glanced over at her as she walked over closer to me, looking me up and down. "Uhh, what's up with you?" "What do you mean?" I asked her. "You look like you were lost in a daze or something" she said and I just rubbed my hand on my head. "I'm fine. I guess I've just been thinking too much lately" I said to her. "Thinking? About what? Is everything okay?" "Everything is fine, Nicole. Trust me" I said rather quickly. "Ok, that was a quick response and you don't look too good. I'm starting to get overly concerned about you right now, babe. I feel like something is really bothering you." She said to me and little did she know, she was absolutely right. Something was really bothering me and it all had to do with Paige. I was bothered that Paige wasn't responding to me and the more she wouldn't, the more depressed I was beginning to feel. She was the only thing on my mind right now, and most likely the only person I wanted to talk to. I just couldn't stop thinking about her.

"Don't worry about me, Nicole. I'm just fine, okay?" "Dean, we're married. You and I have known each other for a long time. Therefore, I know you very well and I can tell when you're upset about something. So, I ask you again, what's bothering you?" Nikki asked again. "Look, I don't need you to be worried about me right now. Stop stressing so much, it's not good for the baby. You and I both know that you'll go into labor any day now, we already have too much on our plates, we don't need more." I said to her and she let out a frustrated sigh, folded her arms, and just glared at me for a few seconds. "You're really difficult sometimes, I just don't understand why you can't tell me" she said. "Look Nicole..." I began to say before she cut me off, mid sentence. "No, no you look! I had to squeeze in one last doctor appointment today, and it's in a few minutes, so I'm about to leave now. You can stay here and be lost in your thoughts all day. Having you there with me will be too much stress. Goodbye." She said as she turned and walked away from me.

It was obvious that she was upset and had an attitude, but I didn't care. I was glad to see her leave because things would've gotten heated between us. Things have already been heated several times lately. No wonder why she's so stressed and there's so much tension between us right now.  Honestly, I just don't feel that spark with Nikki anymore. I love her, God knows I do, but it's just not the same anymore. Sometimes I feel like I only married her because she's having my child soon. I know it's wrong, but it felt like the right thing to do, at the time.

The worst part out of all this, is that I'm still very much in love with Paige. That's the reason why I just can't seem to forget about her. She's been in my thoughts for so long, I'm actually craving her touch right now. Even after finding out I was going to be a dad, even after I got married to Nikki, even after she told me that she's getting married to Seth, and even right now...she's still on my mind. She's all I could think about. I don't blame myself for thinking about her so much. She's the one who gave me an unforgettable relationship and made me feel what it's like to be loved unconditionally. She's the one who never gave up on me, no matter how badly I fucked things up. I owe Paige the whole world, because that's exactly what she deserves. I need to let her know that, I need to tell her how I'm feeling because these feelings are too much to be kept inside. They're unforgettable and I just hope that she doesn't forget me.

Dean: I miss you. 6:03 pm

Dean: Paige, please just answer the phone. 6:05 pm

Dean: I love you. 6:10 pm

Dean: I just really need to talk to you. It's important. 6:13 pm

Dean: I need you. 6:19 pm

Dean: Please don't forget me. 6:28pm

Paige: How could I forget you? 6:40pm

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Yayyy! Paige finally answered Dean! I bet Dean lighted up inside as soon as he saw that message from her. 💕

You know how you feel when you get that one message from that one person...and you're just like 😍😍😍

This is a totally different side of Dean that we saw in this chapter. He seemed deeply in love, saddened, and a little stressed out...he's lovesick 💔

But...do you think Dean is really in love with Paige still? Or is it just some kind of phase?

What do you think is gonna happen next?

Find out in the next chapter of Lovesick!

Votes/Comments = ❤❤❤