Car Ride

They continued their shopping, after that. John picked up the ingredients he needed. He wanted to show off a bit with his cooking and, because of that, started grabbing the ingredients for a recipie that one of his friends had taught him. The kid tended to be kinda weird, but he lived on his own and had thought up some interesting recipes involving honey. He was pretty good with tech stuff too. A bunch of universities have had their eyes on him since ninth grade, because of that. One time, he even made Karkat's computer explode with a virus he had made.

After shopping, John discreetly flirting with Bro the entire time whenever Dave looked away, they got into the car. The groceries had only ended up costing a bit under forty-five dollars in total. John tried to give Bro the change back, but Bro refused without falter. "Nope. I already told ya that I knew what I was doin'. Keep the change, kid."

John nodded quietly, a bit uncomfortable with accepting so much money from the man, and put the money back in his wallet. "O-okay.. If you're really sure.."
He then paused for a second, before smiling at him. Knowing Dave couldn't see his face, he bit his lip softly, as he looked up at Bro again, being sure to keep his voice steady.
"I'll have to find a way to pay you back then, Dirk.~"
Bro bit down on the inside of his cheek, as he battled with his thoughts.
'Nope. Not going to think of that... Well, actually, if he's talking about /that/ form of payment... Wait. No! He's just a kid! What is /wrong/ with me!? Oh gog, he's biting his lip again... Fucking hell..'
"I'll think about it, kid." He smirks, trying to keep his cool, though his mind was battling his hormones and his hormones were winning..

As they continued their drive, John, having much more confidence now, continued to discreetly flirt with Bro, though he stopped when he got a notification on Pesterchum.

TG: yo
TG: eb i got a question for you
EB: three feet away, dave.
EB: three feet away.
EB: can't you just talk normally?
TG: nope
TG: sorry to dissapoint
TG: if i were to speak out loud i would literally die
TG: anyway
TG: question time john
EB: ugh, i don't trust this, but fine.
EB: what do you want to know?
TG: youre still my dorky innocent best bro child right
EB: what!?
TG: who knows nothing of the world beyond shitty nic cage movies right
EB: well, i'm not completely innocent, but
EB: hey! nic cage is great! he's an amazing actor!
TG: the fact that you still cling to that lie proves your innocence john
TG: thank you
TG: for you are a precious cinnimon roll john
TG: too pure for this world
EB: dave...
EB: did you go off and get high when you went to the bathroom?
EB: you're being kinda weird..
TG: no dude
TG: i'm fine
TG: just
TG: never grow up john
TG: stay this innocent man child forever
TG: also
TG: avoid creepy old dudes that are eight years older than you

John pauses. Now he understood what Dave was going on about. He didn't trust that falling down lie, but he seems to think that it was just one sided. That John wasn't a knowing part of it. John glances at Bro. Bro had already been watching the messages, and was biting down on his cheek harshly.
'Fuck! I should have seen that coming. Kid's not stupid, but damn... I should take this as proof that I should fucking stop.'

John just typed out a quick responce to Dave.

EB: yeah, yeah. okay.
EB: whatever, dave.
EB: my phone's dying though, so I gotta turn it off again.
TG: okay dude

John quickly turned off his phone, and leaned back into the car seat quietly.
'Damn it, Dave. Why does he have to notice everything? Hhhh! Can't I just be the gayest bisexual in peace? Oh god.. What even is my life anymore?'

{ Sorry. This probably isn't as good as I think it is. I am very tired. I hope you like it anyway, though. X3
Also, this chapters picture doesn't match the chapter well, but I like it. X33
Anyway it is 7 AM. I need to feed my cat and get the fuck back to sleep. }