Shopping

After lunch, Bro led the kids back out to the car. "Okay. Time for some shoppin'. Dave? When's the last time you actually had real food?" Dave blinks behind his shades, seeming to think for a moment. "Uhm... That one day I had in public school before I got expelled. School lunch. I think that was more plastic than food though. You?" Bro facepalms. "I... was younger than you. How old are ya again, by the way? You too, John. It's hard t' tell nowadays.."

Dave sighs. "Bro, I'm sixteen. John just turned sixteen in April." John smiles a bit awkwardly. He had forgotten how much of an age difference there would have had to be between himself and Dave's bro. "Uhm.. How old are you, Dirk?"
Dave raises an eyebrow over his shades. "Since when do you know Bro's name, John?" Bro sighs. "I told 'em he could call me by name. Also, my age is a secret. I'm a magical immortal being who doesn't identify with age." "He's 24." Dave smirks. "Don't identify with your age? Shut your mouth, old man. I haven't seen this level of stupid since the last time you spoke to Jade's grandpa. You aren't flirting with my Johnny boy now, are you?"

John giggles quietly, partially at Dave's sassy-ness but, mainly in relief as he hits Dave in the shoulder. "We may be in a bromance, but I am not yours, Dave. You're to much of a dork, haha.~" John then starts thinking. 'It's only an eight year difference... Right? It could have been a lot worse. The difference could have been double digits... Oh gog, I do not want to think about that.. Oh, shit! They're talking to me!' John started, realizing he had been zoning out again. "What? Sorry, I zoned out a bit.." John scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. Dave rolled his eyes hard, behind his shades, before opening the passenger door of the car. "Time to go shopping. After you, my lady, Jonathan." John laughed and stepped into the car.