Conversations With Myself

} Titled due to the amount of inner monologues in this chapter.
Also; Y'all knew this song would show up sooner or later. X33 {

The entirety of the car ride felt like hours, after that embarrassment, even though it only took thirty minutes in all actuality. Upon arriving at the store, John having been completely silent the entire ride, they parked and got out of the car. When they walked inside, Dave glanced over to them. "Yeah, I gotta go to the restroom. I'll be back." He quickly ran over to the public restroom, leaving John alone with Bro.

Bro looked down at John, with his ever-present small smirk. His thoughts still on a somewhat confused rampant, from peeking over to see John's messages. 'Does he actually have a crush on me? If he does, how am I supposed to feel about that? He's only sixteen! ..Well, technically sixteen is the legal age of consent.. Wait! No! What the hell is wrong with me!?'
John looked up at Bro with a small smile, though he seemed a bit confused. "Uhm, Dirk?"
Bro's eyes widened slightly behind his shades. 'Shit! Was I staring? Did he catch me staring? Shit! He's just a kid! Gog, I'm a horrible person..  Fuck! fuck! fuck!'
"Yeah, small Egbert? What's up?"
John smiled as he spoke to him. "I was just wondering if we should wait for Dave, or if we can just start shopping now?"
Bro mentally facepalms. Of course he hadn't been caught staring. It was a miracle the kid noticed him checking his messages. He wouldn't even have noticed if Dave hadn't told him to look. "Yeah, let's just start now. Dave'll catch up."
John's smile widens slightly, leaving Bro wondering what he was thinking. "Okay, Dirk. Let's go over to the frozen meats section then. I already know what I want to make, so I don't have to think much on the ingredients."
Bro nodded and followed after John, not aware of the small, hardly noticable, pink tint to his cheeks.
John noticed though. The sight setting his hormones and logic arguing against each other.
'Shit, is he blushing? No. He's from Texas originally.. He's probably just cold over here in Washington. Should I offer him my jacket? No. It's summer and I don't have my jacket. Also, he is like twice my size. There's no way it would fit. Shit! He said something!'
"Sorry, what did you say? I was zoning out a bit.."

Bro raises an eyebrow, still hidden behind his shades though. Either this kid zones out a lot, or he has something on his mind. Given the fact that, when he looked over to read their messages, Dave was questioning the whole zoning out thing, it seemed to be the latter. "I said that ya look like you've got somethin' on your mind. What's goin' on up in there, small Egbert?" He pokes the side of John's head, his smirk seeming almost a bit playful.
John laughed, though it sounded a bit worried. "I was just thinking of my.. Uhm... My friend.. Yeah.. I've been a bit concerned for him is all." He scratches the back of his neck, as he looks up at Bro, knowing that was probably the worst lie he had ever come up with in the entirety of his life.
Bro had to hold back a small laugh. That was the worst lie he had ever heard in his life. It wasn't to hard to guess that 'friend' was John. He decided to pretend to believe the lie, if only to figure out what was bugging John so much. "Okay, and why are ya concerned about your friend? Maybe I could give ya some advice on how to help him out?"
John paused for a split second.
'Does he really not know I'm lying? Dumbass, of course he knows. What should I say? Just go along with it, but be vague? Okay.. Uhm...'
"He thinks he might have a crush on someone, but.. The person he thinks he likes is like eight years older than him.. So I'm a bit concerned for him is all.. He.. Uhm, yeah..."
Bro bit the inside of his cheek, thinking for a minute. 'Is he talking about me? If the kid's sixteen, and I'm twenty-four, then yeah that's eight years. Shit.. Why does this make me happy? Should I be happy? I mean; he's hella small, big blue eyes, full lips, and the kid does have a nice ass.. Wait! Shit! What am I thinking!? He's just a kid! There is always age of consent though...'
"How old is your friend? Sixteen is the legal age of consent, right? If both people are consenting, I don't see to much of an issue."
John's mentally screaming at himself, so much that he almost didn't catch what Bro said.
'Oh my gog! That wasn't vague at all! Shit! Shit! Shit! He totally knows now! How much of a dumbass can I be!? Wait.. Did he just say that he doesn't see an issue with it..? I shouldn't test my luck. ..I'm going to test my luck.'
"He's the same age as me. Sixteen. So yeah, legal age of consent. Do you really think it's not a problem..?" He leans in just a bit, looking up at him, blinking in a way that almost seemed that he was batting his eyelashes.
Bro pauses this time.
'Shit. Is he trying to flirt now? No. This kid is way to innocent. But he's batting his fucking eyelashes at me. No. He probably is trying to blink an eyelash out of his eye or something. He probably doesn't realize what he's doing. He probably thinks flirting is inviting people to watch shitty movies with him. Yeah, the kid obviously doesn't know what he's doing. That means this is on instinct.. If it's on instinct, then he definitely does want this.. Gog, damn it! I need to stop! He's just a kid, and he doesn't know what he's doing, and that's final.'

John knew exactly what he was doing. He had seen this shit in his movies. This is how you're supposed to flirt, right? He even went as far as to bite his lip, while waiting for Bro's response, as he looked up at him.
Bro bites down on the inside of his cheek harshly.
'..He definitely knows what he's doing.... Shit! Do I know what I'm doing? How am I supposed to respond to this? Shit, I haven't answered him yet. Maybe I can keep going? See where this could lead? If he does like me, this could be good for both of us..'
"Yeah, I don't see a problem with it. That is.. As long as your 'friend' knows what he's getting himself into."
His smirk widens a bit as he puts air quotes around the word 'friend', and he takes a small step closer. Even though every part of his mind that was still capable of logic was screaming at him.
John's completely freezes.
'Holy shit.. That actually worked? How the hell did that work? Wait shit.. I need to calm down.. /Do/ I know what I'm getting into? What if he's into really weird stuff?'
John lets his eyes quickly look over Bro's tall muscular frame.
'It's so totally worth it.'
He leans in a bit more to speak, he completely drops the 'friend' pretence, as he gets a huge confidence boost from the man flirting back.
"I definatly know what I'm getting into, Dirk."
Bro leans in, planning to kiss him, when..

"Bro? John? I'm back. What's going on?" Dave walks into their isle, raising an eyebrow over his shades.
John freezes, unsure how to explain this to Dave, before Bro turns to face Dave completely poker faced. "Johnny boy here tripped. I caught 'em and was helpin' 'em stand up."
Dave seems to accept this, and nods, though his thoughts were wild.
'He can't think I'm that stupid, right? I fucking saw that.. He was totally planning on kissing him. What the fuck, Bro? John is way too innocent, and he probably doesn't even know what almost just happened. Shit.. How am I supposed to deal with my bro flirting with my best friend.. Shit! Wait.. Those messages.. I knew he was being defensive! Does John like my bro like that!? He's so much older than him, though! What would be the appeal? Wait.. No. Even if he does like him, I'm sure he didn't know what was really happening.'

John knew exactly what was happening. He knew, and he wanted more. He didn't, however, want Dave to find out yet. How would Dave react?
'Shit.. Really, me? My best friends brother? What even is my life anymore..? Honestly can't say I'm complaining though..~'

} Authors note: Finally, got to this point. I hope you all like how I'm doing this. And yes, Dave is now questioning the appeal of older men. Remember, next week Dave will be spending the week at John's house.~ {

The Best Sleepovers (JohnBro)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें