Chapter 9- The Morning After

Start from the beginning

Few minutes later I got dressed in some sweat pants and a tank top (this is my lounging outfit.) and joined them. I really don’t see the point in getting all dressed up to stay in the dorms. I still had a headache so I decided to lie down. James and Gabriel decided to continue playing Call of Duty. Boys and their toys. Every once in a while I would notice James looking back at me. We needed to talk but first we needed to get rid of Gabriel.

“Hey Gabriel you want to go to Wal-Mart and get the stuff from this list? The fridge is looking kind of empty,” I asked handing him a list. Truth is the fridge was stocked two days ago, but these boys can so the fridge is like half empty.

“Why do I have to go? Besides from here to Wal-Mart is an extremely long drive.”

“Please if you do I’ll cook whatever you want for lunch.”

“Fine but you’re paying for the gas.”

“Sure whatever.” I gave him $50 and he left.

“James you know we have to talk right?”

“Yeah I know Fireball, I know.”

“Listen Jay-Jay, whatever happens please don’t let this come between our friendship. Please you’re too important to me.”

“I promise. Now come on let’s see what really happened last night.” He went to go take a disk from the camera that was right above the door. Seriously? How did I not see that before? We walked over to my bed to watch the “Movie”.  We had to fast forward until last night. Did you know that James and Gabriel talk to each other in their sleep? Weird I know. When we finally reach to what we were looking for most parts I couldn’t help but laugh. I can’t believe how drunk I was, I am so funny when I’m like that. We had to fast-forward through some of the parts because it was at least 8-hours long. We watched at least 3-hours of it. Surprisingly, Gabriel wasn’t back yet. Fireball and Rockman, really? What was I thinking? My super hero name is Fire Phoenix, duh.

“Wow all of this in 8-hours. I was an extremely, way past cheap genie.”

 “Yeah you were Fireball. The part that I’m still stuck on is when you thought you had lost your thumbs.”

“Nope not for me. The part that I’m stuck on is when I was dancing. We all know it was because I was drunk. Everyone knows I can’t dance to save my life.” We laughed for a while and then Jay-Jay pulled me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. “Jay-Jay just to let you know I appreciate that you didn’t take advantage of me. What I don’t like is that I believed you when you said college kids drink Nyquil and water; really that’s the best you could’ve come up with?”

“Hey my hands were tied and I needed to think of something quick. Besides this is all your fault. If you had been a regular genie and given me three wishes I could’ve unwished this. But no you wanted to be cheap like the damn tooth fairy.”

“Oh whatever ‘Rockman’.” We started to laugh again; it helps to ease the worries. I hugged my Jay-Jay if there was ever a time I needed him it would be now. Even though I tried not to show it I was terrified. If I was pregnant it would change my entire life. Jay-Jay saw right through me and saw the worried look that I tried so hard to hide, but the thing is the same exact look was on his face. He’s my best friend and I knew if we did anything last night our friendship would’ve changed forever. I would never want things to be awkward between us. I love him too much to allow that to happen. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door. Obviously James wasn’t going to get it so I did that lazy butt.

“Scarlette,” I whispered and heard her whisper my name to.

“Saphire can I talk to you?”