Chapter 8- The Mistake That Almost Happened(James POV)

Start from the beginning

"I was wondering if you wanted the single bed because you look uncomfortable on the bottom bunk."

"Nah, I'm good but thanks for asking." I watched as "The Look" disappeared off of Fireball's face. Gabriel sat back down next to me and sighed, "I guess I'm a Muppet of a man too."

You know what, Saphire's my best friend. Why should I be afraid to talk to her? I took a deep breath and said, "Fireball I love you and you know that. And I really don't mind you staying here but you need to tone it down a little. Just a little, please." I sat there waiting for her to attack but nothing came. Then I turned to face her to see the look on her face. She was smiling!!! Not upset, mad or giving me "The Look", but she was smiling.

"Ok Jay-Jay no problem,” she said still smiling.

Now she was lying on my lap looking up at me. "Wait what?"

"I said ok.is something wrong with that."

"So you're not mad or going to stare me down with puppy eyes?"

"Why would I be?"

"Because you're you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well you have a way of getting whatever you want and if someone tries to tell you otherwise you give them this look."

"Jay-Jay you're my best friend I don't want you to be afraid or intimidated by me."

"Fireball everyone is afraid and intimidated by you."

 "Nuh uh. Right Gabriel?" I saw Gabriel tense up a little. "Well umm. You see the thing is. Coming mom!!"

Saphire started to laugh her cute little laugh. I swear that that is the most beautiful sound in the entire world. "Hey Gabriel don't you have a date with Scarlette?" I asked.

"Oh yeah I almost forgot. So what are you guys going to do when I'm gone?"

"Just some things and stuff."

"Wow you are so informative."

"I know right." Gabriel and I continued back and forth. I could hear Fireball laughing at us. Few minutes later he left and it was just me and Fireball.

"So Jay-Jay what do you want to do."

"I don't know you want to get drunk and dance crazily to random music?"

"Sure why not?" We finished two entire bottles of Johnny Walker Double Black in only 10 minutes. Now Saphire was dancing to Tik-Tok by Ke$ha. And I will admit it was turning me on. Maybe it was because I'm drunk because if I remember clearly Saphire couldn’t dance if you gave her dance lessons by Julliard’s professionals.

Couple hours later I saw her walking over to Gabriel's bed. What was going on in her mind? She just threw herself onto his bed and called me over. Should I? Shouldn't I? Eh, what's the worst that can happen? Then I remember you never ask that question. Oh well it’s too late now. I walked over still a little drunk. Fireball had a pout on her face and tears streaming down her face. What was really going on? Why is my Fireball crying?

"What's wrong Fireball?"

"I can't find my thumbs."

“What no? what do you mean you can’t find your thumbs?! Thumbs are the only thing separating us from most animals.”

“I know which is why we must find them.”

“OK you check on that side of the room and I’ll check on this side.”

We spent an entire half an hour searching the room for Fireball’s thumbs. Where could they have possibly gone? What if we don’t find them and Saphire remains thumbless forever? Oh the humanity of it all. I swear I will hurt whoever stole my Fireball’s thumbs. They do not know who they’re messing with. I was getting tired so I went and drink some water. After that my head cleared up a little. Finally my sense returned.