Chapter Four

»

»

A year passed and Y/N, still currently living in Comfort Hotel, continued with his online courses, since he didn't go to university.

It was around 2 o'clock in the afternoon, and he was just waking up after a long night of study.

It was about over a year since Y/N saw Yuuri in person. Yes, both of them did call and video-chat, but it just wasn't the same.

Yuuri had finished college a few weeks back and planned to go home. Y/N sighed contently and glanced around the empty hotel room. He couldn't let a whole day go to waste, so he quickly dialed Yuuri, knowing he'd probably be in Japan. The phone rang and Yuuri instantly picked up, and quickly said hello.

He sounded like he was in a rush, so they had a quick chitchat before ending the call.

Y/N was completely bored and being cooped up in a small room for long wasn't healthy. He lived alone for a very long time and would go from hotels to small Bed and Breakfast inns.

He switched on the TV and converted to different channels. He stopped at the Sports channel, it was live. Viktor was performing and he looked absolutely graceful. The way his feet moved to the slow and peaceful music was incredible.

He had four quads planned, the first was a quadruple Lutz. The small H/C man was huddle up in a bundle of blankets, in front of the television screen. The lights were off and a bowl of popcorn found its way, mysteriously into Y/N's hands.

Anticipation was all he could feel right now, his breath hitched in his throat as Viktor jumped.

A loud sigh was heard throughout the room and a tender smile grazed his plump lips.

After a quadruple flip, quadruple Salchow and many more extraordinary and supple moves, Viktor does a combination spin and strikes his last pose.

It was amazing. Still huddled around the TV, Y/N yawns and his eyelids get heavy, just as Viktor skates back to the barriers. Just when he wanted to fall back onto the carpet and hibernate, Otabek's face pops and startles him; snapping him out of his daze.

Laughter erupts from the silent room. Otabek's stoic face was priceless. His eyebrows were furrowed and his eyes, narrowed. He seemed to be upset with the microphone; he was shooting daggers into it.

Y/N knew Otabek when he was little, but now they weren't as close. Times change and so do people. Y/N could recall that Otabek was always serious when he was younger. Always wanting to impress people, but he had a soft spot for some people like Y/N.

Unknown to the H/C boy, the thoughts running through his mind were similar to the very person he was thinking about. After meeting the boy with the 'eyes of a soldier', he was then introduced to another small boy, who wouldn't participate in the club activities, but hide behind Yakov during them.

He vividly remembers Y/N had bright E/C eyes, that of a princess. He was always shy but would always put that aside when Otabek was there. The said boy was apparently unconscious on the soft brown carpet, while the TV was still buzzing in the background. A permanent smile, once again on his delicate features, while his long H/C scattered behind him.

The day was old and the luminous moon appeared, steadily overhead, casting shadows and flooded the hotel room with light.

A soft snore could be heard as the night continued on.