Chapter One

»

»

Yuuri trudged away from all the noise of the raging fans, news reporters and his coach. His eyes were dull and his breathing was uneven and shallow. He just wanted to be left alone, but there was no way that was happening.

Apart from the crowded lounge. A huge banquet for the skaters, coaches and others was set up, for the skaters to socialise and get together. And it was compulsory for him to attend.

Near the now vacant skating rink, Y/N smiled brightly at the news reporter who asked him a few questions about his thoughts on the competition. He shared his positive views, still smiling. It wasn't fake, of course, ice-skating was your biggest passion.

"Y/N, do you think you'll ever go back to the ice? Many people are waiting for your return," The news lady directed the microphone to you, eager to hear your response.

You weren't quite sure on what to say, you didn't know when you were going back, nor did you decide if you were ever going to do it again. You quickly composed yourself, telling the woman that you weren't quite sure yourself, she nodded quickly and turned around to face the camera.

The reporters thanked you and walked off to Yuri Plisetsky, who rolled his eyes at the very first question asked. He leaned back and put his weight against one of the barriers. There were obvious signs of boredom evident on his face, obviously from the clear blank look in his eyes to the way his eyes were staring intently at something unknown to you.

You were friends with almost everyone with the figure skating profession. Even though you were young, you gained a lot of respect from many people. Unlike a certain "Russian punk."

Yuri Plisetsky never had an approachable aura and was always vulgar and rude. His eyes were sharp and his stature was tall and lean. Many fans labelled you as the opposite of the Russian teen.

Many would also say you were sweet, and he was sour. You didn't realize, but you were staring at him. He removed his gaze from the reporters and glanced at you, glaring in the process.

You maintained eye contact, before giving him a small smile and walking towards the hall. From the corner of your eye, you see him stick out his tongue. You giggled and continue to push your way through the sea of fans.

Even though he was technically an adult, at 18 years of age, he still managed to act like a toddler.

You were near the exit when you noticed one of your closest friends, Yuuri Katsuki, heading towards the side exit. “Yuuri, wait!" you called out to him, he heard you and turned around.

“Y/N.” He buried his head in your shoulder, you could feel his heartbeat and his chest rise and fall quickly.

He tried to speak but his words came out in a mumble, the rest getting lost in the fabric of your fur coat. You hushed him, knowing the same aching feeling of failure.

“Where were you off to?” You combed your fingers combed through his hair, calming him down from the loud noises.

“Aren't you going to the banquet?” Your voice was soothing to him. He slowly raised his head and smiled.

You saw that his eyes were watering and his cheeks were bright pink. “I'm just going to the bathroom, I'll be right back.” He smiled again and opened the bathroom door.

You walked over to Celestino and hugged him tightly. He wrapped his arms around and you rubbed your back slowly. He was a like father-figure to you. You were missing one at the moment, and he was a great replacement.

The commotion had died down and only a few people were around the exit.

“How's Yuuri taking it?” He was very worried and so were you.

“Not well, he-”

You abruptly turned around. Hearing the sound of heavy footsteps excited you, as you thought it was Yuri coming out of the bathroom.

Only to see another Yuri going in. Your eyebrows furrowed and you squinted. Your eyes widened slightly.

'Yuri Plisetsky?'