CHAPTER 105: EVERYTHING GETS BETTER

Shreya P.O.V.:

"Pari, I'll pick you up from office at 5. Be ready." Nandu told me.

"For what ? I can come back home by myself and moreover, I need to pick Adi on the way." I replied putting my hair into a pony tail.

"To go to the doctor. We're going to the best gynaecologist in Mumbai." He said hugging me from the back.

"There's no need to Nandu. When the problem is in me, what good would it do going to a doctor, let it be the best doctor." I spoke turning back to face him.

It's been almost three months since we got to know that I can't concieve. We revealed it to our families after two to three days and I was thankful to God that they were supportive.

The fact, however remained that I still wanted to feel a baby growing in me. I still wanted to get pregnant. I was still depressed over all that but I had to be strong when Nandu was strong for me. I had Adi afterall.

"Don't you ever say that again Jaan. I'm telling that to you for the last time. We're going to the doctor and that's it. We're also dropping Adi at Vadhera Mansion for a week. We need to take a break." He told me.

"So, you've already decided everything ?" I asked him.

He nodded and left to office after reminding me to be ready at 5.

It was evening and we were driving to the hospital. I don't understand the point behind going to the hospital when we already know the results.

There was pin drop silence during the ride.

I took a deep breath before entering the doctor's cabin. "Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Vadhera. How have you been ?" The doctor asked us.

"Good doctor. Thanks." Nandu replied while I just smiled.

"I am Mrs. Mansi Roy and I'll be handling your case." She introduced herself to us. She looked like she was in her late forties and sounded very friendly.

She turned to look at me and asked "I can call you Shreya right ?" I nodded. She said "So Shreya, I've been sent your reports by Daya. Something doesn't seem right to me. I'd like to take all your tests personally. Please accompany me." I nodded and followed her.

We came back after about an hour and got seated again. She said "As far as I've analysed your case, there's no condition which says that you can't concieve. However, I'd like to wait till the reports are here to confirm the same." I looked at Daya with hope.

He held my hand in assurance.

"Have you been taking any medicines lately ?" She asked me.

"Yes doctor. I've been taking a pill that I was given by the gynaecologist I've visited three months ago." I said handing over the prescription to her.

She read the prescription and looked at us with a frown on her face. She asked "What have you been taking these pills for ?"

"Hormonal imbalances doctor." Nandu replied.

"These are not pills for hormonal imbalances Shreya and Daya. These are pills that weaken the uterus of a woman. They're very harmful." She told us.

Me and Nandu looked at each other in shock. The nurse brought in the reports just then.

The doctor studied the reports and look at us. We looked at her with hope. She said "You can conceive Shreya. There's no chance you can't."

Happiness jumped into me. The dream I thought would never be fulfilled, can be fulfilled. I can become a mother.

"But there is a problem Shreya. Those pills. You've been taking them for three months. Your uterus is weakened. You can carry a baby but it's very risky." She told us.

"It's okay doctor. I'm ready to take the risk." I told.

"You have to be Shreya. One more thing, the reason you didn't get pregnant in the last three months inspite of having a chance are these pills. I advice you to catch hold of that doctor and file a case against her." She suggested.

"That will happen doctor." Nandu replied.

"Good. Shreya, please don't take any more pills without consulting me. Here's my number. You can call me anytime." She said handing me over her visiting card.

"Thanks so much doctor. You've given me such a good news that I can't thank you enough." I said hugging her.

"You're welcome dear."

Me and Nandu moved out of the hospital hand in hand. Silence prevailed. That silence was enough to understand the turmoil we went through in the past three months.

Nandu drove us to a resort in the outskirts. We both sat by the pool with our feet immersed in the water. My head was on his shoulder and his hand around my waist.

"Nandu, I can't believe that I can concieve. I mean, how happy would our families be after knowing this. Only We know what we went through in these three months." I said.

"Hmm Pari. You're right. I'm glad the truth came out finally. Otherwise, we would've been blinded by this truth for life." He said.

"Thanks." I spoke.

"For ?"

"Taking me to the hospital inspite of me protesting."

"I did it for us. I love you."

"I love you too."

Three months later :

I was driving to Nandu's office to have lunch with him. We had planned to go out for lunch.

However, things took a turn and I could see everything happening in a slow motion. A car speeding coming from the opposite direction. Hitting my car and my head banging to steering wheel and last I remember before I went blank was calling out for Nandu.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

So, that was a pretty fast update right ? I update yesterday and again today. Now, no update till Monday.

By the way, the story will end in another three chapters, probably.

And by the way, some did guess about Shreya's medical condition. Let's see what happens ahead.

How's the new cover ?

Please vote, comment and share.