CHAPTER 76 : THREATS

Shreya P.O.V.:

We had a week's vacation last week at Pondicherry as planned. We hadn't done anything but relaxing. Everyone had coped up with our loss. The Malhotra family was there at Pondicherry when we went there and I didn't know who called them there. As we entered the farm house, they came towards us and finally, all of them knelt to the ground infront of Adi with toys in their hand. All of them apologized for their mistake and I forgave them, after all, they're my family.

Everything is going smoothly. Adi has rejoined his playhouse and all of us resumed our work. At the moment, me and Nandu, along with Adi are sitting in the office room completing pending work. Adi was playing games on my phone.

I had a meeting tomorrow for which I was completing the presentation. The documentation is done. It's only the presentation that was left. No that Purvi is pregnant, a lot more work has piled up on me.

I was broken from my thoughts when Nandu got and call and recieved it. His expressions had changed and a frown and a sense of fear was visible on his face. He got up from his seat and in a pale voice asked "Who the hell are you ?"

I'm kind of having a deja vu. This has happened before. On our Sangeet day. Nandu shouted "Hell with your threats you bastard. If you have guts, come and challenge me from the front." Saying so, he pushed off the laptop infront of him off the table, which was unfortunately mine. My laptop went crashing into ground into peices. That didn't bother me at the moment.

Adi ran into my arms and I could say that he was terrified. I hugged him and rubbed his back. Nandu screamed    pushing away everything on the table, this time, his laptop too "I'm telling you, when I find you, it's not gonna be good for you. Trust me, I'll make your life hell." Ending his sentence, he threw his phone to the ground.

What's with his anger now a days ? Can't he keep it at bay. I kept mine in control and asked him "Who was it and what was it ?"

He fell into the chair and replied "I'm scared of losing you Pari baby." I understood the whole scenario. Once again, he had recieved a call from someone who threatened him to harm me. I'm tired of all this.

I looked at Adi's terrified face. I put him down and said "Baby, will you go down and play with Ruby and Angel ? They might br bored." He nodded and ran out of the room. I called up the house staff to clean up the mess Nandu made. Nandu screamed and banged his fist to the table. The glass of the table shattered and his hand started bleeding.

I dragged him to our room and made him sit on the bed. I quickly poured some water in a glass and made him have it. I brought the medical kit and started dressings wound. This man here, he worries about everything but himself. "Nandu, babu, remember, something like this had happened on our Sangeet night. They threatened you but nothing happened to me right. This time too, nothing will happen to me."

The words that came out from his mouth are "Sorry Pari. Your laptop broke because of me and you have a meeting tomorrow."

I said in disbelief "Here, I'm worried about you and you are worried about my laptop. Nandu, you badly need to control your anger. Look what you've done to yourself. Your hand is bleeding." I had tears in my eyes. I held his hand in mine and looked at the ground.

He lifted my chin up. "I'm sorry my jaan. I couldn't control my anger. The moment he told me that he'll make you suffer, my heart stopped beating. Anyway, I'm fine now. Don't worry Okay." I nodded.

"Adi got terrified when he hurt you shout. He was on the verge of crying. Poor baby." I told him.

He said "I'll apologize to him and make it up." I shook my head and got up to dispose the cotton. He held my wrist and said "Please be cautious Pari. I can't lose you. You're my life." I assured him through my eyes.