16

It had been 2 weeks since the incident. My bruises had healed and from the outside I looked back to normal. Mentally I was a wreck.

Since mine and Zoe's last conversation we made up. She apologised for what she said and has been helping me with my night terrors.

Ever since that night it had been playing around and around in my head. I kept in contact with the police and every time a new memory came to the surface I would phone the police department to record the information.

Without any evidence, names or witnesses it made no difference to my case.

Why was I attacked that night?

"earth to elena"

"huh?" I replied, being taken out of my thoughts.

A person walked into my room, revealing Johnson.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Zoe came walking in joining in on the conversation.

Wow, someone actually seemed to care

"I'm doing ok" I replied in a shaky tone, shaking my head out the thoughts

"how are you?" I asked softly.

"I'm doing better now that I can see you are" he replied with a small smile. "I care about you, I know some people believe you got into a fight on purpose-"

"can we stop talking about this" I spoke getting out of my bed.

"what I will say is that you can't even tell! you look much better" Zoe spoke, hugging me softly.

It was in the afternoon and like most of my days recently I would just lay in bed watching films.

"So I know you have been going through a lot recently but I thought I would let you know that we are throwing a party for Stassie birthday tonight and thought it might be a good idea for you to try and get back into doing stuff" Johnson said while opening my windows and blinds.

"It will of course be next door so you have the freedom of choosing when you go and when you come home considering it is just next door" he continued, both him and Zoe now looking at me.

"Ok" I shrugged.

***
It was getting late and everyone was next door at the party. I had a shower and since then was laying on my bed contemplating to go for an hour.

I started to get dressed, what's the worse that can happen?