[Ch. 7] Confessions And...Makeouts?

Start from the beginning

My throat tightened because I didn't know what to say. But I managed to speak anyways.

"I...I don't know if I like you like that. Like, I think I do, but I don't know. I think you're very pretty too, but I don't know what others would think of me. You're really pretty. I already said that, right? Did you...do you...I don't know if I'm..."

"You don't have to say it. I was confused too. You might be also, so I'm not gonna push you."

"But my sister would never approve..." I trailed off. I gazed up at the sky and felt tears stinging in the back of my eyes.

"We don't have to tell her. I mean, you don't have to say anything yet if you don't want to..."

"But I really do want to kiss you right now," I whispered under my breath. I hoped she hadn't heard that part.

"You can."

I looked up into her eyes. Was I really going to let her be my first kiss? On a bench? In a park?

"Can I..." I trailed off again, staring intently at her lips. At the moment, I had not cared that I already asked the question. (A/N: I've never kissed anyone before, nor I have written a kissing scene before, so please bear with me for this sucky part)

She nodded her head, and I leaned in. She leaned in too, and it felt like fireworks. Actually, it didn't feel like anything because all I could feel was her; her soft lips pressed against mine, and my heart stopped for a second. Usually when people kissed, one would hear a symphony, but I didn't. What I heard was the sound of my heart beating...beating for her. It sounded sappy, but that was how it felt.

After about thirty seconds, I started to pull away, but she grabbed ahold of my shoulder and pulled me back in. We continued like this for an eternity. My heart was screaming at the contact. And when breathing became a problem, she finally pulled away.

"Oh my god," I whispered, out of breath. "That was...oh my god."

She just giggled at my flustered actions, and I looked down and blushed. We sat there in silence for a minute before Carly got up to leave.

"I just remembered that we have school," She laughed. I also remembered that Sofía was probably wondering where I was.

"Do you want to..." She stumbled upon her words. "I mean, w-we can date, if you want. I'm new to this, so I don't know i-if–"

"No. Not yet. We can kiss and stuff, but I want to wait until I tell the girls about...that before we start dating."

"Okay."

I quickly pecked her lips and turned to head back to my house.

Before I fully made it out of the park, I turned back around to see her still in a daze.

"Oh, and by the way, that was my first kiss." I winked back at her, and she blushed.

Look who's on my side of the stick now.
________
*The following week*

"Isabella! Sofía! Come meet the new neighbors!" Normani called out from the bottom of the stairs. It was only nine in the morning, and I was starting to wonder of why I couldn't meet the neighbors at some other time.