Change in the Air (Chapter 3)

My day started normal as ussual. Only the MUSE song of the day was Ruled by Secrecy and not Sunburn. Everything was the same. Same lesson, same comments, even the same purple dress shirt as yesterday. It took until the end of history class for things to change.

"Ok, Your homework is pages one nity four and one nity five one through eight teen. See you all tomorrow, Cassy I need to speak with you."

"Yeah?"

"Our school is going to do a new compitition.  Its like a history contest and there's suppost to be five members on a team. Each school can only submit one team. Can you be the teams captian?" the teacher hands me a piece of paper. I take it and skim over it.

"Depends who all's on?'' I ask without glancing up.

"No one yet. It would be just you. Im leaving it up to you to choose the team."

"Alright. I'm i-" I stop dead in midsentence. "November 5th."

"Yeah, sorry about the short notice." The teacher says in his usual cocky way.

I did'nt say anything, but thats because my jaw was to the floor. That was next weekend and its thursday!

"And your telling me this now?" I said agitatedly. My anger was rising.

"I know, Im sorry, but I have a lot to do right now."

"Like what?!" I said really loudly.

"Like prepareing lessons. What have you been doing?"

I took a deep breath. "Studying the next three chapters of the book. You know, Civil War defineately peeks my interest. One in particuar, Belle Boyd. This is something that she would most defineately do." I say. Then, once I have his attention, I turned the paper sideways and I tore it in half. Then I kept tearing it until it was a small pile in my hand. "I hope this tells you what I think of your attitude towards me."

"Do you want detention?" I was asked only moments later.

"How many hours?"

"One."

"Two" I challenged. Like I had anything to do at home anyway.

"Make it three."

"So this is how its going to be." Im done with this asshole.

"Do you want me to make it the whole year?."

I threw the scraps in his face and said, "Yes PIease." I then turned my back and walked away.

Later that day during our free period, Rachel and I headed over to Mr. T's room. I knew that I could talk to him about anything I had probelms with. Also, just the atmoshere was more positive then the rest of the schools.

"So are you going to serve it?" He askes me.

I exhale slowly then say, "I dont know."

"You got yourself abit tied up." Mr. T said.

"I know, but I-"

Next thing I heard was the window shattering. Rachel screamed and Mr. T told us to get down. I droped from the piano bench and Rachel off a chair. Nothing happened. We were just laying there waiting for afew minutes. Then some one came throught the window. They had on differnt colored buissness suits. All though, they all were wearing black ties and white shirts. They all had on sun glasses, which was wierd saying that this was the time that the sun was starteing to hide behind the clouds.

I tried to hide under the piano, but I wasn't fast enough. I felt a hand wrap around my ankle and I felt a hard tug. I heard Rachel scream, but when I looked at her, she, and Mr.T were being held back. Acctualy, Mr. T was already knocked out and we being cuffed to the table leg. Rachel wasn't out yet, but she too was being cuffed. While this was happening, they pinned me to the floor and cuffed my hands behind my back. Then they put  black cloth around my eyes and pulled me up to my feet. All I could hear was Rachel screaming bloody murder. Something like, 'where are you taking her,' and 'leave her alone.' I personally, had no clue what was going on. I tried to listen, but all I heard was screaming. I kicked next to me in attempt to hurt  one of the guys who was dragging me.