Chapter 31 - The Death Of Maria.

Start from the beginning

 "I'm sorry Lou, I know there’s nothing I can do that can make you feel better right now, I’m so sorry.” I handed him a cup of coffee.

He took it and forced a smile on his face. "Thank you Rach." He took a sip out of it "I don't know what I'm going to do with my life now. I lost a baby; I lost my love, what’s next? It was just an accident. Making the baby happen in the first place, yet who knew that one accident could take someone’s life? It's like I'm a magnet to all the bad luck out there. Life hates me." Louis bit on his lip as hard as could, fighting the anger about to pour of him.

 "Hey, don't say that! I know this is a lot for you right now, but like I said. It will get better. Everything happens for a reason. This may just be a twisted answer to a big problem that might have happened." I placed my hand on his shoulder gently calming him down.

"No. I don't think you get it Rach. Forgetting someone you love is like forcing yourself to sleep when you’re not really sleepy. It’s like trying to know somebody you’ve actually never met. It’s like trying to solve a puzzle and realize that there is no right answer. It’s like trying to swim in a swimming pool with no water. It's impossible. That's all there is to it."

Nothing I could say or do would make him feel better. There was nothing. He just shook his head. "I can't do it. I just can't. I loved her too much; I can't except that she's gone! It pains me Rach, it's killing me. It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember..." Louis yelled, shoving his fist into the sofa.

 "I know, Louis. I know."  I let him rest his head on my shoulder. 

Consoling Louis was all I could do, there was no advice I was capable of giving to him at this point. Right now all he needed was a shoulder to cry on. No words, or any wisdom, just a friend. Although I was dying to tell him, that if he wanted to forget someone he had to let someone help him give himself a chance again. There has to be someone out there who will love him again. Or who may love him even more. 

Now was not the time, but someday, I would tell him. Soon. 

Or better yet, Louis would find that out for himself, by himself.

---------------------------------

 I finally went home hours later. I had to stay strong for Louis back there, but now was the time for her to let my tears out. If only I hadn't kicked Maria out, Maria wouldn't have even thought of suicide. I wouldn’t have let her. l would have at least been able to stop her. Maria had been nothing but kind to me. She was a great friend to me, always helping me out around the house, listening to all my problems, and most of all...keeping my best friend happy.

 Now it was all gone. She was gone.  He had lost his one love, the girl who always cheered him up. There was nothing I could do. My best friend was slowly dying on the inside and I could only sit there and watch it all happen in front of my eyes. That was the worst part.

As always, I felt my phone ringing interrupting my thought.

 "Hello?" 

 "Hey Rach. It's Harry. I heard what happened. I'm so sorry, Poor Louis." 

 After all that had happened, I did not want to be dealing with Harry right now. "So why did you call me? I'm done with this whole being nice act you're playing with me. I know the kind of guy you are Harry. You're just making it all worse Harry, please stop calling me. I don't want to talk to you anymore." 

 "No Rach! Please. I know you’re going through some really tough stuff right now but I just really want to cut this off of your plate as well. All I ask is for you to listen to Zayn okay? I'm requesting once more because I just really want you to know the truth.  Just please ask him to tell you, I beg you. And I really do feel bad for what happened. Please tell Louis I hope he's okay and that everything will get better."