Chapter 10: Interlude Part 1

Start from the beginning

They sat on a bench in the park. Watching the clouds as they drizzle down, other people walking around, enjoying the park as well.

"It's nice isn't Ana? Why don't we get some candy later, from your favorite place?" he asked.

"Sure... we can also bring your girlfriend Maya~." She teased, making him blush.

His eyes widen. "Y-You know about that?" he asked.

"No, I didn't." she said cheerfully. "You just confirmed it!"

A second or two have passed until they broke out into laugher, enjoying life and its small moments of joy. But everyone knows those moments can never last.

Ana took in a deep breath, exhaling as for once in years she felt better. She was so relaxed, so at peace, and happy that her brother cares so much. She leaned back on the bench, leaning her head on Gill's shoulder, and closed her eyes.

Gill checked the time. "It's getting late. Do you want to go to the candy store now, or tomorrow?" he asked, but didn't get a response.

He turned towards his silent sibling who was still leaning on him. "Ana?" he asked. No response. "Ana?!" he yelled again shaking her, attracting the attention of people, but she still wasn't moving.

He jumped off the bench. "I need help! Someone, please!" he shouted as a few people came to aid him.

Ana wasn't moving, her eyes are closed, her skin cold as the rain, but she still has a smile on her face.

----------

The mistress smiled at what she saw. This, is what she dreams about. This, is what she thinks about to help her fall asleep. The seeing life snuffed out from a gentle soul, that moment of death... it just feels so good!

She got bored after seeing the people rush the girl Ana to the hospital, and disappointed that she didn't die, so she changed her viewing, like changing channel on a TV.

Her portal showed the Endercon location, people setting up their booths as competitors signed in to claim their designated building space.

----------

It would happen in 2 days. In 2 days, the Building Competition would commence! Except this time, it would be at the location for Endercon!

With the large amounts of space, people would have more room to use for their builds. Not to mention that there would be booths; containing games, food, merchandise, and entertainment.

Normally, the Building Competition would only be hosted once a year. The winning build would be at Endercon for everyone to see.

But this time it's special, this time Soren the Architect himself will be the judge, and his donation of 5 chests full of precious materials will be the prize!

Of course, no one, not even the other members of the Order of the Stone, have seen Soren in years! That is why Ellegaard, Magnus, and Gabriel, personally came to the Endercon location; making sure that everything was going to be perfect.

They wanted to surprise their friend, especially since it has been so long. They just wanted everything to be just right.

"Markus!" Ellegaard yelled at her assistant. "I told you to move that there, and move this into the keynote!" she ordered, pointing where the brunette boy should move the stuff. He let out a huff in annoyance before getting to it.

Ellegaard was snapped out of her disappointed thoughts of her assistant by slow, sarcastic clapping coming from behind her. She turned around to see Magnus who was doing it