Birthday

Today is Emory's birthday. She goes back to work next week so I'm letting her sleep later and then I'm taking her to the fair with Lennox and Kolby. I'm surprising her with a pit bull puppy. Kolby has it right now he is going to come over with him before the fair.

I make Emory her favorite breakfast, waffles, fruit and coffee. It's 11:00 so I decide to wake her up. I head upstairs and into our bedroom. I place the food on the night stand next to her coffee.

Knowing that Emory is a heavy sleeper, I decide to jump on the end of the bed yelling "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS!! WAKE UP SLEEEEPY HEAD! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

After about 5 minutes of yelling she woke up. She threw my pillow at me and said "ssshhhh"

I crawled up to her and kissed her head.

"Good morning birthday girl!! I made you food and coffee." I got up and grabbed her coffee.

She sat up and mumbled something that sounded like coffee so I grabbed her coffee and handed it to her.

About an hour later we start getting dressed. She got in the shower when I was doing the dishes. I just go out of the shower and got dressed. I went downstairs. I watched Emory from the bottom of the stairs for a minute. She looked beautiful even though she was just wearing a NWO wrestling t shirt tied up in back and ripped short and boots. She was on the couch absorbed into some random episode of M*A*S*H.

"You ready to go?" I asked. She nodded and we headed towards the door.

"Brantley who is here?" She asked looking at a black 1966 Chevrolet El Camino.

"No one, that is yours Emory!" She looked at me with disbelief. I handed her the keys.

"Oh My Goodness Brantley I love you!!" She said grabbing the keys. At that moment Kolby and Lennox pulled up.

While Emory filled Lennox in on her day, I went over the plan with Kolby.

We were riding in our Jeep because of space. Kolby and I in the front with Lennox and Emory in the back. We pulled into the fair grounds. Emory jumped out of the jeep into my arms. I sat her down and held her hand.

We walked around the fair spending money and riding rides until 7:00 when the concert was about to start. I was performing so I had to go get ready. While I rehearsed Lennox gave Emory her gift, a best friend necklace that says Thelma, Lennox's said Louise on each was a gun charm. Kolby gave her a necklace with a bullet that has ERG engraved on it. Emory sat on stage during my concert.

Before it ended, I looked at her and said "I want to wish my beautiful fiance a Happy Birthday, come over here Emory." We all sang to her.

"Emory, There is one more thing I got you.."

"mhmm.. what may that be?" Kolby came up on stage holding a pit bull puppy.

"look over there" I pointed behind her.

"Mhmm.. oh my goodness, is that mine?" She yelled. I nodded. She kissed me on the cheek.

"Yep, his name is Capone.. Hence the fedora" She grabbed the puppy from Kolby and started hugging him. She kissed me on the cheek.

"Thank you Brantley"

I handed her a leather and studded collar and lease. She hooked Capone up.

"Thank you everyone for coming out tonight!! I'll be over there for autographs and pictures! Have fun at the fair."

After 2 hours of autographs and pictures we headed home.

Emory and I are in bed cuddling with Capone. "Happy Birthday sweetheart.." I whispered as she fell asleep.