One More Mistake

When we finally unglued ourselves from ourselves from each other it was around noon. Brantley says "You go relax in the living room, I'll cook lunch"
"No, I'll help"
"What did I say?" He gave a stern look and then smiled and kissed me.
"Fine, ugh, I love you"
"I love you too, now go sit" He directs me towards the couch. I was sitting for about 5 seconds when the broken glass caught my eye. I went to the kitchen and grabbed the broom.
"What are you doing, baby girl?"
"Cleaning up that glass"
"No, I'll do it"
"Brantley I got it" I said and walk into living room. I lean down and pick up one of the frames, the one with the wedding photo in it. I shake the broken glass into the garbage can. I dropped the picture frame, causing it to break more, when I saw the identity of his bride, Amber.
Brantley came running in, "What happened?" He asked.
I slapped him and just stared him.
"You married that bitch?"
He gave me an apologetic look and I grabbed my phone and ran out the door. I ran all the way to my car a mile away.
About 15 minutes later there was a knock on my window. It was Brantley.
"Leave me alone" I said.
"Come on Emory, hear me out"
I got out of my car and look him in the eye and said "I loved you, I always have and you say you never stopped loving me but you married the one person who tried to destroy my life. You of all people know the shit she put me through, how could you?"
Ooh as I look at Brantley waiting for an answer a car pulled up, and out got Kolby, Brantleys younger, smarter brother.
"Emory Rose, we have been looking every where for you? Everyone has been worried sick about you"
"I made a huge mistake, wait you were at the wedding, Kolby?"
"Well actually I was apart of the wedding, I gave her away"
Brantley was furious that his baby brother was still so close to love of his life.
"Brantley don't change the subject, yes your brother remained my best friend even after we broke up, answer the damn question!!"
He looked down and kicked my tire softly "I'm sorry Emory I can't, I don't know why?"
I looked at Kolby "get me outta here, please before I make a third mistake in 2 days" I let out a little laugh, "I should have never came to see you, Brantley"
Kolby just stared at us.
"Kolby let's get the hell outta here now, take me anywhere just as long as he ain't there I'm good, please" I said walking towards his car.I stopped and looked back at Brantley.
"I still can't believe you married that whore. After everything she did to me, to us. I thought I knew you but you aren't the same Brantley I once loved."
"I warned you Brantley" Kolby hauled of and punch Brantley square in the jaw. Brantley stumbled backwards, he didn't react though he just stood there.
Kolby walked to his car and we climbed. Once we were in and out of eye sight of Brantley, I punched Kolby in the arm.
"ooouch,What was that for?!" He yells
"Your brother married her and you kept it from me."
"I'm sorry, I knew how you would react"
"You're forgiven, I can't stay at you."
Kolby's phone started ringing, it hooked up to the Bluetooth in his truck, the radio screen said *Big Bro*. Brantley was calling.
"What the fuck do you want, Brantley? Haven't you done enough? She doesn't want to talk to you."
Brantley sighs and with tears in his voice says"Kolby, man, you know the the only reason I married Amber was because I was lonely, She pretended to care about me and I fell for it. She was using me, she pretended to love me, I needed that after everything that happened with Emory, I'm just so stupid for not realizing that she hadn't changed any since high school.I should have known she was after my money."
Brantley's voice cracked "Please just tell her I'm sorry and I never stopped loving her."
We heard the sound of his truck accelerating, his tires squealing, the sound of his truck hitting something and the line went dead.
Kolby slammed on his breaks and turned the truck around and hauled ass back towards Brantley's house. When we pulled in, we found Brantley's truck smoking, destroyed from crashing into the tree.
Kolby and I run to the truck, Kolby forces the door open with a pry bar from his car.
We pull Brantley out he reeked of whiskey, a half empty ball laid in the seat next to him. We layed him on the ground and I called 911.