Chapter 25

"Everyone, up. We're going to the hospital. I'll explain on the way there." None of us had noticed Paul coming inside but we were all already on our way out of the apartment. 

"How is he?" Liam whispered to Paul. 

He just shook his head and whiped away a tear with his shirt. "It's heartbreaking to see him. Horrible." Paul took a deep breath.  

Niall was sitting on the ground with his face in his hands. He wasn't moving, at one point I wasn't sure that he was breathing. I hurried up to him and bent down next to him. I layed my hand on his shoulder. No reaction at all. 

"NIALL!" Danielle cried out as she and Eleanor sat down with Niall and hugged him, just held him for a while. Still no reaction, he didn't say anything, he didn't move.  

"Niall please." Danielle sobbed. I just stood there, watched all my closest friends on the ground crying, barely being able to sit up straight. Paul helped Danielle and Eleanor into the car, they were only making it harder on Niall. Niall was still sitting with his face in his hands without making a noise or moving a muscle. All I could hear was everyone crying, I even caught myself standing there in tears. 

"Niall..." Liam whispered as he hugged Niall tightly. Suddenly Niall threw his arms around Liam. I sighed in relief, finally a sign of life. Liam pulled out of the hug and sat next to Niall with his arm around his shoulders. Niall finally looked up. But it wasn't Niall, the guy who was sitting there wasn't Niall. The pain in his eyes is impossible to describe. He looked like he was being burnt alive, he was pale and he was shaking. His eyes were blood-red and puffy, his lips were shaking and he was unable to focus his eyes. Niall ran his hands through his hair and took a deep breath. 

"Th-they took h-her." He whispered. "They took her." His eyes widened, like he was just starting to understand. "Liam, they took her. THEY TOOK HER." It was painful to watch, Liam tightened his grip around Niall and tried to comfort him. Told him it would be okay but not even Liam could keep calm right now. 

"They wouldn't let me go with her. They took her away from me Liam, they took her." Niall sobbed. Everyone was standing there, watching Niall, trying to comfort him. But not a single one of us was standing there with dry eyes. No one could watch Niall like this without crying, it's the worst thing I've ever done. Especially since it's Niall. Little happy, carefree Niall who always cheers me up when I'm down. 

"I have no reason to live now. Liam help me, save her Liam. You have to save her, don't let them take her away from me." Niall yelled into Liam's chest as Liam refused to let him go. "She didn't say 'Gotcha' Liam, I waited but she didn't say anything." Niall took a deep breath, calmed down a bit. "She didn't open her eyes." He whispered. "I waited but she didn't open her eyes..." 

"Get in the cars everyone, we have to go." Paul said quietly. I got into the car with Harry. Danielle, Eleanor and Louis would take one car with some of the bodyguards and me, Harry, Liam, Paul and Niall would take the other car. The others had already left, Paul and Liam were helping Niall into the car. 

"Niall we have to go before she wakes up!" Harry yelled as a tear ran down his cheek.  

"Come on Niall, it's okay. Don't give up on me buddy." Liam said.  

Niall cried the whole way to the hospital, he didn't say anything to us. He just layed with his head on Liam's lap and cried. Paul was apologizing the whole way, he believed it was his fault. Liam tried to convince him it wasn't while he was comforting Niall and Harry was driving like a maniac. I'm surprised we didn't get pulled over by the police. But all I could think about was Sophie. Was she okay, was she hurt, would I ever see her again? But more important, would Niall ever see her again? Right now my feelings for Sophie didn't matter, I just want her to open her eyes and tell Niall she loves him. He's going to lose it if she doesn't wake up soon.