Patrol

A/N: I noticed this chapter didn't upload completely and it left a lot off. So if you didnt read past the sweep kick there is more here for you to read.

      Robin and I were on patrol with Bats while the rest of the team was no doubt on a mission; I was okay with it though, I missed the old days where the three of us would patrol together and no words had to be exchanged.

       I stood on top of the old library, next to Robin and Batman, as we waited patiently. We never spoke nor did we make eye contact with each other until it finally happened. Robin pointed out a group of men advancing on a brunette women who was holding her baby as she walked along the dark streets of Gotham. We began to run across the roof tops and grapple until we were on the building above her and the four men.

All four men wore dark blue jeans, a black hoodie and a beanie but they were all different colors: blue, red, green and brown. Batman did a set of hand signals that Robin and I understood better than we probably understood English or Romanian. I nodded as I jumped down onto a fire escape quietly.
"That's a pretty baby ya got there, lady." The man with the red hat complimented in a slur as if he were a bit drunk. The lady held her baby closer to her chest and began to cry.
"Please." She breathed out quietly. The men continued to advance on her, one successfully prying the baby out of her hand.

"I know you four can't find anyone to make one with, but that doesn't make it okay for you to steal someone else's baby." I said nonchalantly, after landing on the ground, with my back against the brick wall as I pretended to check my nails even though I wore gloves. The four turned to look at me, the blue hatted man holding the baby securely.
"And what are you gonna do about it, Girl Beauty? You don't even have the Batman with you." The one with the green hat laughed lazily as he began to approach me with an outstretched hand.

      A familiar cackle echoed through the alley as I tilted my head to the left, a red bird-a-rang whizzed by the man's ear, caught his sleeve and pinned it to the wall beside my head. I let out a laugh as I grabbed him by the throat and punched him in the face.
"You won't be able to have kids after this." I hissed in his ear as I kicked him in the groin. Batman and Robin landed on the ground beside the other men.
"Rob!" I called gaining his attention just as he was about to begin fighting the one with the baby, "Finish this one. I want that one." I pointed at the one with the blue hat and baby. He nodded and we simultaneously flipped past each other and began working on the other. Rob and I handled one each as Batman handled two.

       He threw a drunk, sloppy hook punch which I easily ducked under. While crouched down I did a sweep kick, quickly shooting up as the baby flew in the air as he fell onto his back. I turned to the lady and gave her the baby back.
"Run!" I commanded. I turned back to the who had returned to his feet. Before I could react I felt hard knuckles make contact with my jaw. I held my breath as I clenched my teeth. He went to throw another but I barely dodged it. I grabbed his extended arm and flipped him back onto his back.

     I quickly let myself fall on him with my knee pressed firmly between his shoulder blades. I grabbed his wrist and pulled something out of my belt, then handcuffed him. I turned to look at the guys who were waiting on me. I gave them a nod, Robin came up to me and we completed our secret handshake. Batman sent out an alert with his belt for the police and once again we were gone.

            ~2 Hours Later~
      Robin and I had convinced Batman to go back to the manor and get some sleep and prepare for his important meeting tomorrow. He agreed on the condition that if Joker, Harley, Riddler, or anyone of the such showed up we would contact him immediately.

      Robin and I were now alone together on the bank's roof, quiet and motionless.
"I hope that cut on your face scars." He whispered suddenly. I crinkled my eyebrows as I stared at him.
"Why?" I asked. Don't get me wrong; I think scars are cool, like the one I have on my stomach from the glass shard, or the 5 inch "J" that had been branded on my shoulder blade by Joker. But I didn't want any on my face.
"So if I see you outside of 'Blue Jay' I'll recognize you." He put simply, looking back over the city.

      I laughed at his response, which earned me a shush.
"I could just cover it up. And besides, Rob, with as brilliant as you are, I'm surprised you haven't realized who I am. But I'm so different from me." He nodded his head and looked around. I took his gloved hand into mine, intertwining our fingers- he was so used to this gesture of mine that he didn't even look at me.

         After a few minutes he took off suddenly over the tops of buildings, grappling to a sky scraper and continuing to run quickly with nothing except a frantic "Follow me!". Obviously I went after him; I assumed he had seen something. Upon reaching the third sky scraper, in which I grappled to, my rope was cut by something flying through the air. I instinctively pulled another gun out of my loop and shot at the building so I could closer. My gun began to reel me closer to the building but once again it was cut.

        Despite my effort to not panic it's kinda hard when you're falling from as high up as I was. My last chance was the suction cups I took out from the back of my belt. I swam through the remaining three feet between building and I and then I slammed my hand onto one of the windows. I stopped falling but I felt my shoulder get pulled out it's socket. I let out an ear piercing scream.
"Blue!?" Robin shouted from the top of the building.
"D-down here." I managed to yell. He looked down on to where I was, "My line's been cut. Be careful, someone's out here," I grunted quietly as I pulled myself up a little better, "and I think they're watching us."

      Before I knew it I was laid down on the gravel roof of a building. Robin brushed some of my golden curls out of my eyes and rubbed my shoulder gently.
"This is gonna hurt." He said sorrowfully as the rubbing stopped and he gripped my shoulder. I took in a deep breath, held it, then nodded. I squeezed my eyes shut as he replaced my dislocated shoulder, holding my breath to ease the pain.
"W-what happened? What d-d-did you see? Why did y-you t-take off?" I asked as I sat up.
"Are you okay?" He questioned, ignoring my question and continued to stroke my hair.
"I'm fine." I turned my head to look at him, only now realizing how close we were.

      I don't know what made me do it but I leaned in a little, then stopped, looking intensely into his eyes that were barely visible behind his mesh mask- it was easier to see the closer you were. I could hear Robin's breath hitch as his eyes darted all over my face, resting on my lips. I placed a hand on the back of his neck and pulled him towards me, our lips connecting. He gripped my waist tightly, kissing back intently.

          Robin's P.O.V.
     I kissed Blue back. I don't know why! Maybe it was because she was like Dolly, or that her life was just at stake and she was hurt so all my hormones and emotions just rushed.

          Dolly's P.O.V.
      I was suddenly pushed off of Robin.
"We shouldn't be doing this." He whispered, taking his hands off my waist and backing up. My knees went weak but I managed to stand up, I don't think I could walk though.
"Don't tell Batman." I pleaded. He shook his head.
"Of course not. But we need to go." I nodded and stuck my hand out expectantly. He handed me his extra grappling and with that we went our separate ways (which was really just me pretending to go somewhere else until I could go the same way without him knowing).

   A/N: Okay. That's another chapter. Sorry they are taking forever to upload, I have a bunch of things going on rn. I have football, extra online classes on my classes are dropping a ton of hw on me. But I will get better, promise.